#vintagecharm

"BESS ARE YOU CRAZY? WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU NEED SEVEN LARGE SUITCASES FOR A TWO-WEEK TRIP?" Nancy fumed when they went to the luggage station. "I must be fashionable at all times. I am a lady after all. " replied the blonde giving Nancy a cute hair flip.Nancy stopped short and stood there with her hands on her hips. Refusing to take another step further. "How do you expect us to get all this out to the car? I'm not a workhorse!", said the girl with a stern look on her poker face trying to stare her friend down. Bess returned the look with a calm demeanor. "I never thought you were. Just watch. closely..." Said the teen with a cunning grin stretched across her small heart-shaped face. Bess went over and picked up three large suitcases and started to try to carry them out. After a few feet, she looked around to see if anyone watching took her wallet from her purse and then tossed the bag to the shiny white tile floor. Making a show Bess said in her best Marilyn Monroe voice. "Oh... my... What have I done!" She made a show of it looking weak but glamorous as she rushed over to pick up her things. "Miss is this yours? " answered a husky middle-aged man in a business suit that hurried over. In his hand, he held a bottle of channel no, 5. "Oh, my it is. Pardon little on me so sorry to trouble you" Bess managed to say acting quite coy. Nancy watched not far away with an eyebrow raised. "Oh for you no trouble at all miss." said the man from where Nancy stood she could see he looked quite nervous around bees."Audrey. But you can call me Candy all my closest friends do sugar." Bess replied straightening herself up and smoothing down her clothing wrinkles. "Another hook line and sinker," Nancy commented to herself watching her friend act. Nancy stood there with a watchful eye making sure Bess stayed safe. "Can I help miss this much to take to your car." he offered.Bess smiled wide, "Oh would you? That is so gentlemen-like." The man nodded in response but frowned once she showed him all the luggage.Once the two girls were seated in Nancy's little powder blue beetle convertible. Nancy turned to Bess and with a serious look said, "You can't keep doing that. One day one of those men could be dangerous and attack you." "Oh come on, Nancy. Everyone knows I'm a good judge of the character. For example, just look at whom my besties are." "Bess this is a dangerous world even in little old Riverheights. Girls have to be careful and watch their backs everywhere. You just don't have any idea what goes on in this modern world now.""Let's just get a move on we have a lot to get one before the trip," Bess said refusing to make eye contact and happy to change the subject.