#chancemeeting

The duo listened to the radio while cruising through town. After a few songs, the Chain Smokers came on and the girl danced in their seats to the beat. Bess smiled and bit her tongue trying not to laugh at Nancy. The redhead was trying her best to sing along in a masculine tone. Once halfway through she pointed to Bess to join in. Their duet was a real sight. Nancy had to pull off the side of the road just to calm down for a second.

Once there they went straight up to Starbucks to get some Double shots before shopping. "Wow what a jolt! I Can't believe how great this tastes." Bess exclaimed.

"It's because we haven't had these since school let out. Trust me I'm the same way about Dr. Pepper." They were sitting there enjoying the view as young men walked by. They enjoyed rating them and trying to guess their horoscope signs based on looks and swagger.

"See him?" Nancy nodded in a certain young man's direction.

"Oh please, you could do much better. But I'll give him a six. He's tall but has that stressed-out look to him. Trust me not worth our time." Bess commented quietly so no one could hear. She pointed to a dark-haired guy shopping for a Urben Bro.

"Hum, he is cute I'll give him that. I get the feeling there's not much brain in there." Nancy sat back and looked around the room. "How about him?", she asked gesturing to a guy working in Macy's.

"He doesn't have much style that is for sure."

"Oh come on Bess they all can't be babes. That doesn't mean they are not a catch. He's kinda cute."

"In a way I guess. Teddy bears are your thing girl. I prefer tall and muscular types." Bess replied in between sips of the hot coffee.

"Teddy bear guys o tend to have muscles. They just have a little more meat on their bones that evens it out."

"Ok then go talk to him, Nance. If he's that cute." Bess said with a playful flare wigging her dainty eyebrows.

Nancy did a spit take, "Don't be silly. I could never do that!"

"Oh come on girl. I am sick of seeing you depressed and lonely. You need some kissing from time to time. Are you grown women right?" Bess urged her friend gently nudging her in the right direction.

"Maybe you are right. There is no rule that says men have to do all the asking out right?" The teen asked looking for support.

Bess looked her right in the eye and said, "You seriously don't need to be asking that question." She turned in her said and huffed. Before digging out some nude lipgloss. "Here girl for some drama to add to your look. Now go get him." She ordered before pushing Nancy off towards the store.

Nancy walked right up to the store but once she got up the door, the teen freaked out and turned to run. Bess was standing right behind Nancy and caught the flighty teen. "Get over there. You will never know unless you ask." Then with one last hard shove, Nancy went inside. The girl Swallowed hard and watched her feet while slowly walking up to him.

The guy was about five foot eight, with a large build, and cute shaggy chocolate brown hair. He noticed Nancy staring and smiled slightly, "Um can I help you with something?"

"Oh. Um, there is this thing up here can you get it down?" She asked gesturing towards a candle on a top shelf.

With ease, he grabbed the candle and held it out for her. "Anything for you.", he added while blushing slightly.

Nancy looked away anywhere but his large brown puppy dog eyes. "Well... If that's the case..", said the girl twirling red hair around her small fingers. "Want to go out to a movie later?" He stood there open-mouthed with eyebrows raised in shock. Nancy playfully nudged him on the arm but no response. The bit her lip in frustration.

"I really want to go see that new shark movie and maybe the Thor sequel. It's Up to you." The world seemed to stand still for her at this moment. Nancy dug into her bag. Then held out a piece of paper with her number on it to the guy. His mouth closed as he took it before looking at her bewildered. "Just think about it ok?" she added with a wink before darting back out to find Bess.

"Oh my God girl! You hit it out of the park and with style!", Bess exclaimed as she confronted Nancy. The two ran off giggling with Nancy's face completely red. "So what's Mr. Hunky's name?"

Nancy deadpanned she had forgotten to even ask or look at his name tag. "Just my luck.." she whimpered while shaking her head.

Bess smiled and led her bestie toward their favorite shop. "Calm down girl. You need a cold shower but let's just shop instead."

"Bess it's not like that!" Nancy said trying to defend herself.

As they walked along Bess nudged Nance. "I've seen a string bikini that would look so hot on you in Rue 21. You have to try it on so I can send you a new man pic later."

Nancy blushed and turned away trying to hide her face, "Bess shut up!"