#Notalone

"I don't like this, Nancy.", Bess mumbled as they snuck out the front door.

Nancy's eyes narrowed just before whipping her head in Bess's direction, "It can't be helped, we have no proof that we were followed. Well, not any that will not get us in trouble." She hung her head low and let her red hair hide her eyes, "We just have to be more careful and watch our backs. Bess sighed before pulling out a cigarette. Once outside she lit up, inhaling quick shallow puffs.

Today was clear, the sun shone bright and warmed their pale skin, with just a few sparse clouds floating here and there, it looked to be a far better day. Looks can be deceiving though... The girls walked along the outer wall of the inn. Here in the shade, with a gentle breeze, it felt heavenly. The teen took their time as they walked, Bess held her phone in hand, following directions she found online.

As the girls took a corner the aroma of freshly brewed coffee tickled their senses. They soon found themselves just outside of a place called the Black Tap Coffee. Inside the place was very sleek and modern. Everything was a shade of white except for the wood grain table tops and counter. Houseplants could be found all over the room giving it a homey feeling.

The line was not that long, so Bess offered to order and let Nancy sit down and rest. Nancy sat down at a small side table next to the large storefront window. She pulled out her phone eager to check it, no new calls were shown. Switching to Facebook, Nancy found a few messages from back home. It was mostly just the charity s trying to get her to volunteer or donate money again. Just then her phone began to buzz.

"Ok, I hope you are going to like this. It is the most popular item they sell." Bess said coming up from behind carrying a bag and two coffees. This shook Nancy back to her senses.

"Why did you ask."

Bess lightly blushed, "Well of course, how else would we know what to order? And Mark was very helpful." Bess said before turning to mouth a thank you to a cute dark-haired guy at the counter. Nancy eyed the man for a moment, he seemed to fit Bess's type, tall, muscled, with cute dimples. Bess has all the luck with guys, Nancy thought. She had the feeling they would be seeing a lot of this place on this trip. ;-)

Nancy took a sip of the coffee, it was very good, with a flavor she could not place. "What is this?"

Bess gave her a thoughtful look, "Oh just a little something they call the honey latte, good right?". Nancy nodded in response as Bess pulled out two large blueberry muffins from the paper bag. They ate there silently, taking in the atmosphere of the place.

Nancy really enjoyed just chilling with her best friend in this cozy little place that held such charm. She signed deeply closing her eyes to savor the flavor of her coffee. "Oh shit!" Bess exclaimed causing Nancy to look up, her poor friend had somehow spilled the coffee all over herself.

Nancy just shook her head, "Let's head back to the room. I'm sure things have died down by now." Bess was near tear but nodded in agreement as they got up to leave. The girls walked in to find that Nancy's prediction had been right. By now the door had been boarded up and the mess cleaned up. Thankfully there seemed only to be the staff and guests in the lobby. They climbed the stairs two at a time, eager to get back out and have an adventure.

Bess fumbled with the key finding to hard to use. "Come on is this rusted? What a piece of junk!", she whined.

Nancy stepped forward and swiped the key. For her, it gave little trouble. "The lock just needs to be oiled. It does look to be old." said trying not to seem full of herself. The door slide open partly but seemed to be blocked by something. "What in the world?" Nancy asked bewildered. It took both girls pushing with all their might to pry it open fully.

Nancy stepped in timidly trying to figure out what had happened. She checked behind the door but there was nothing that should have blocked it. Curious she tried closing and opening it again, however, this time it worked perfectly. Bess watched as her friend tested the door. "That is very strange," she said while raising one pencil-thin eyebrow.

Bess could see the gear grinding in Nancy's head as she stood there lost in thought. "Do you smell that faint scent?" Nancy pointed out as they walked deeper into the room.

Bess sniffed the air, "Now that you mention it yes. It is kinda musky and reminds me of an old lady's perfume."

"Exactly, it makes me thank for my own grandmother." Nancy mused as she let her eye linger on the room's door. The teen just could not shake the feeling that something wasn't right. Just then a powerful thought hit Nancy. In response, she put her hand over Bess's mouth. "I don't think we are alone in here. We need to get out!" Bess didn't wait for another minute before dashing from the room and dragging Nancy along for the ride.