#exhausted

The girls arrived outside the Inn late that night. After the ferry had docked in Charleston it took a few hours to get back here. Unfortunately, the cabs would pick up anyone until after the worst of the storm had passed. After waiting for two hours, Scarlet's mother was able to pick them all up in an old Candy apple red Ford Thunderbird. It was a little rusted, with some deep scratches, however, it still oozed style. The heat didn't work in the car and Mrs. Swift insisted on driving real slow, like the elderly, due to slippery road conditions.

Once back at the inn's entrance, it looked dark, with most of the lights out. Bess tried the door knob. As to be expected, it was locked. "Well it is way past the closing time.", she admitted pointing to the sign on the door.

"How are we going to get in?", Nancy quested rubbing her tired eyes. Bess just scrubbed in reply, with no clue.

After a moment long dragged-out moment, Nancy asked, "Hey do you happen to have a hairpin?" Bess smiled smugly as she pulled one from her blonde locks, knowing full well what her friend had in mind. They went around the back of the building, luckily there was a side door service entrance, half hidden behind some overgrown foliage. The teens creep up and slid through the greenery, getting even more soaked from the wet leaves. "At least it is just drizzling.", Bess whimpered. Nancy raised one questioning brow before sighing and turning back to the door.

"Look there is no Deadbolt, this is gonna be easy.", Nancy said taking the pin in hand. She worked with it as it began to pour down once more. "Oh Lord!", she exclaimed just before unlocking the door.

"You're a boss.", Bess complimented before giving a double thumbs up. Nancy grabbed hold of her and gestured for them to remain quiet. Bess held her breath as she watched Nancy trying to jar the door loose. The frame had warped over time. They opened the door slowly, careful not to attract attention. Inside it was almost pitch black, only the shapes of the furniture were visible in the low light. They locked the door back before starting to walk lightly across the room hitting their toes quite a few times as they went. Bess was cursing under her breath once they reached the stairway.

Once upstairs they relaxed feeling free to move about. The teen was overjoyed to see their own room. Nancy went to the restroom to run a steaming hot bath. Bess was happy to take a fluffy towel to her hair as she looked for some PJs. Once she had slipped into some loose pink sweatpants and a plain light gray tee Bess jumped onto the soft bed. She sighed contently.

Nancy was just the opposite, she took her time warming up in the bath. She dumped some bubble bath in there and let it fill up to just under the brim. After dimming the light, she slid into the tub, rested her head on a small rolled-up towel, and put a hot rag over her eyes. When she came out, wrapped in a towel, she saw Bess asleep curled up under the covers like a tiny kitten. She pulled out her phone and store a picture while snickering. Nancy then found a long vintage tee to change into before getting into bed herself. She rolled over onto her stomach, then just laid there and listened to the pain pouring down before drifting off.