#Strangedisappearances

"Bess, where are you?" Nancy asked before turning away from her duties.

"Nancy, I'm out here. You have to come to see this!"

The teen found Bess outside on a terrace, sitting on a wicker sofa. It was shaded here, felt homey with the wicker furniture set, and felt quite private. "Isn't this nice it feels so refreshing and calming here? Wish I could live here." Bess commented as she sipped on soda the girl had bought earlier that day.

"You are right. I will debate that." Nancy added before plopping down next to her friend. She took in a deep breath of fresh air, laid back, and closed her eyes. Bird songs could be heard all around them.

Bess shifted in her seat and pulled out a cigarette. A habit she did not care to share with the public. She carefully lit the short Marublo before taking a long rag off of it. "Bess give that up already. That is a gross and expensive habit.", Nancy tried to argue. In response, Bess just blew smoke into her friend's face. Nancy coughed before getting up with a pissed-off look. She moved over to the side to take in the view.

The sea breeze blew gently through the girl's red hair as she took in the sights. The city lay before basking in the bright coastal sunshine. A buggy pulled by a large Claisdale horse could be seen nearby along with many other historic buildings. It was a strange sight in a way, to see a brand-new car driving beside a horse and buggy. Nancy giggled a little, Charston certainly did have a feel of its own.

"It's about time for a late lunch right?" Bess asked while blowing smoke rings into the air like some hippie chick.

"Yeah, but I would rather finish unpacking before we go out.", She sighed before turning to head back in. "I just hate to come back in tired, only to have to toss the junk onto the floor to get to bed."

Bess got up to follow before grabbing Nancy's arm, "Know where you want to go?"

Nancy took in a deep breath, a little surprised. "Nah, Not really. Maybe we can go off exploring or look something up?" Bess nodded in agreement and went to go get her phone.

A moment later, Bess cried out "Nancy have you seen my phone?"

"Not really. The last time I noticed was on the plane."

"I had it in my hand when we arrived. Oh my, what am I going to do." Bess said dramatically as a look of panic crossed her face.

Nancy sighed before crossing the short distance between the two. With her hand reassuringly on the girl should she said, "Just chill girl. I'll call it." Nancy fished out her own phone. But no response it went straight to voicemail.

"Can I look up its location on my apple account?" Bess asks about to cry. Nancy tossed over the phone before laying across a bed to rest. They watched the ceiling fan spin and cast shadows while resting. "The last known place was this room but now it's not pinging."

"Then that means it is in here somewhere and can wait. My blood sugar is dropping so we have to go eat soon." Nancy insisted while using her own phone to look someplace up. Moments later the two were dashing through the lobby on the way out.

The city was bustling with life and cheer. Most of the population at this end of town were college students so the girls felt like they belong. The two teens skirted their way while following a map on Nancy's cell phone. The trails took many turns sending the duo in circles.