Ch. 1

Finn's POV

I'm rocking back in forth in my seat, clutching my head tightly. It feels like I've been sitting here for an eternity when I finally hear the heavy metal door creak open, and the soft swishing of a skirt. I look up slowly as the woman waits for the lock to slide shut from the outside. With a small sigh, she turns around to face me, clipboard in hand. I glance at her name tag, the a monotone script reading Miss Ryder. I chuckle to myself. She's the fifth psychiatric they've prescribed me this month. The 'insane' asylum my parents sent me to a year ago has had to hire and release multiple people, and it's my fault. Wait no, not mine, it's her fault. Back to the point, it's not like I scream at the help or attack them, it's quite the opposite. I keep my deep voice quiet and brown eyes low. I think that's what scares them though, because they're not use to the silence. Miss Ryder clicks her pen and crosses her delicate legs, placing the clipboard on the table. "I'm assuming you won't cause me trouble today, am I correct?" I nod quickly and chew on my lip. She raises an eyebrow, already suspicious of something I'm not capable of. "So, Finn," I flinch at the sound of my name. It's been forever since anyone's called me that. "You've been here for over a year. Can you tell me why?" I shrug, causing a look of annoyance to spread on her face. "I don't know." I say. "How do you not know?" She laughs, almost menacingly. It's the truth, I don't. I didn't think a broken heart qualifies someone as 'crazy', but my parents think that's what I am.

She grasps my face tightly and stares me dead in the eye, our mouths inches apart. 'Did you actually think this was love Wolfhard? I just used you for the thrill.' I can feel my heart drop and shatter in my chest. With an accomplished smile, she gets up and walks away, winking at me one last time.

"That's why you're here?" I'm so caught up in my story that I forgot I was telling it. "Over a broken heart?" "I know!" I say, surprisingly loud. "Did you go crazy? Hurt anyone?" She glances at me suspiciously. I know what she's trying to do. She's trying to dive into my brain and figure me out, peel off my facade and learn my secrets. "Of course not. What, did you think I was, insane?" I let out a loud laugh, causing her to jump. Mind games are fun, She would know. "In all honesty, I didn't eat, I didn't sleep, and I would randomly cry out for.....her. Of course, with my parents being the rich, anxious people they are, they locked me up in here to 'keep me safe' as they say." Her face twists with sympathy. "Finn, I'm sorry." "Sorry for what?" I spit out. " You, Miss Ryder, you haven't done anything." She nods slowly and writes down more notes. She looks back up at me and clears her throat, obviously hesitant. "Um, Finn. You speak a lot about 'her', may I know 'her' name?"

ѧѧѧѧѧѧѧѧѧ