Ch.7

My jaw is still sore where Babyface hit me. It's now noted to not get on his bad side. I let out a light groan and press the ice harder to my cheek.  Miss. Ryder clears her throat, reminding me of her presence. "Finn," she begins. "Miss. Dyer told me you...fell?"

I nod quickly, making myself wince. She nods, but she, like Miss. Dyer, obviously doesn't believe me.

"Did Gaten do this?" She blurts out. "N..no?" I say.

She clasps her hands together and shifts in her seat, looking slightly uncomfortable. "Well, he has done this before. Gaten doesn't take his medicine that calms him down, sadly."

I 'ah' at her words, but it doesn't surprise me. He's doesn’t exactly seem like  the type to play by the rules.

"So he didn't do this?" She asks a last time while motioning to my face.

"No...he didn't. Are we done? I'm pretty tired."

Miss. Ryder massages her temple as she studies me thoroughly.

"I guess.. But I'll see you tomorrow Finn, bright and early."

Wobbling noticeably, I stand up as Jimmy and Carl enter the room to escort me out. "Dang Wolfhard," Jimmy begins.

"What happened to your face?" Carl finishes.

"I fell," I nonchalantly reply.

I'm getting kinda sick of repeating myself. I think I might've blacked out though, because it feels like it's only seconds till we're at my room.

"Get some rest kid," Carl says, concern plaguing his expression.

Murmuring an okay as they close the door, I stumble forward and fall back onto my bed. It's times like these that I wish I would've made friends instead of enemies to numb my dreary existence here. Noah would've been a good one, he seems to be the only person here that cares about other people. I'm just starting to relax when there's a sharp knock at my door. "We're coming in!" Miss. Dyers sing-song voice chimes.

I shrug myself into a sitting position as light floods into the dark room, making me squint.

"Sorry if I woke you Finn, but we got a new patient and his room’s not ready. Is it okay if he stays with you? It'll only be for the night."

"S..sure," I stutter as a boy about my height appears from behind her small figure.

His thick eyebrows turn up with worry as Miss. Dyer motions for me to come to her. Meanwhile the boy sits himself in a corner, adjusting his pillow and blankets.

"His name's Jack," she whispers. "He has MPD, Multiple Personality Disorder. So if he acts a little....strange, please be nice." "Don't worry, how weird could it get?"

She casts her glance over to him then looks back to me.

"Well, he has four different personalities that we know of, their names are Patric, Jason, Eddie and Penny."

I try to stifle a laugh, but fail miserably and get an unwanted glare from Miss. Dyer.

"He has a girl personality?"

"Yes!" She whispers harshly. "And you promised to be nice, goodnight Finn."

She turns sharply on her heels and slams the door.