Ch. 2

It kinda feels like I've fallen on my chest, like the wind has been knocked out of me. I haven't spoken her name since that day. That was also the last day I saw her face, in person at least. Her glowing cheeks and easy smile and stitched into my everyday life and dreams. Her name could easily roll of my tongue, but my heart feels as if doing so, my world could break. "H..her name?" I stammer. "Yes Finn, her name." I sigh heavily and lean back in my chair. Her name. "It's.. Millie Bobby Brown." Miss Ryder nods and jots something down. "Have you talked to Millie since the breakup?" "Well, if we were never dating to her it wasn't a 'breakup', but no, I haven't spoken to her since." She chews on the pen cap and looks at me curiously. "How did you two start dating?" I stare at her blankly. "She asked me out. After the 'breakup'," I air quote, "I figured it was probably for a dare. Or she was just lonely and wanted to feel something, I don't know," I shrug. "Oh," was all Miss. Ryder can say. That's all any of them can say, but none of them ever stayed to hear the name of my demon. “How do you plan on getting better?" I laugh as her face remains serious. "Better? You expect me to get better?  Me getting 'better' is as possible as a thirty year old man believing in magic. There's a sliver of a chance, but not enough to happen." Miss Ryder lets her mouth fall open in shock. "In this small time I've been talking to you Finn, I didn't pin you as a person to give up." "Give up?!" I spit, raising my voice. "In order to give up, you'd have to be trying in the first place Miss. Ryder," I say mockingly. She slams her first on the table, making me jump in my seat. "I know this is hard Finn. I get it, I truly do. But I'm just trying to help." She looks at me pleadingly. "Yeah, like those other handful of 'psychiatrists' tried to 'help'," I mumble. She looks at me sadly. "I think we're done for today Finn, I'll see you same time tomorrow." "And the day after that and the day after that," I retort while counting my fingers in a sarcastic manner. Miss. Ryder stands up abruptly, her black skirt swishing around her legs. "Goodbye Mr. Wolfhard." She nods curtly and knocks on the door. It swings open slowly and let's in two rigid looking guards as she walks out. I get up slowly and place my hands behind my head. "No handcuffs today boys?" One of them groans while the others expression stays placid. They grab my forearms in unison and lead me roughly down the hall to my room. It's not really a room though, it's more so a cushy closet. Room 11, the only place I've slept in in forever.  With a shove, guard #2 pushed me into the room and bolted the door. I sat on the edge of my bed lazily and stared at my shoes. The only time I'm allowed to leave is for meals and psychiatrist appointments. The appointments are usually in the morning, and that probably took an hour, so the guards will probably be back soon to take me to the dining hall.  I swing my legs over and fall completely onto the mattress. I miss my freedom, and friends. Heck, I even miss my parents. But I'm stuck here. Stuck here because she screwed up my head and my heart. Because she still dominates my waking hours and twists my dreams. With a small sigh, I let my eyes flutter close and fade into a restless sleep.