Ch.9

“Wolfhard! You slept in, get ready for your appointment with Miss. Ryder!” Carl's rough voice barks.

Overslept? I must’ve been knocked out hard. Noticing Jack..or Eddie, whoever it was is gone, I ask Jimmy about it.

“His guards came and grabbed him earlier.”

I grumpily proceed to get up, letting out a slight huff as Jimmy and Carl lead me down the familiar hall, or is it? I wouldn't know, they all look the same. Nope, this is the usual one. Room 1223, AKA the place where I meet all my psychiatrists. They slide open the lock with a groan and shove me in. Miss. Ryder turns around abruptly and sets a light smile on her face. I notice she keeps looking at the two way mirror on the right side of the metal room, but don't think much of it. They always observe me due to my parents requests, so I'm use to it. Sitting down sluggishly, I run my fingers through my hair as an attempt to tame it.

"What time is it?"

I really wish we had clocks in here, I asked Carl once about it, they said clocks lead to some patients going insane. Miss. Ryder glances at the fuschia watch on her wrist.

"9:03 AM, sorry for waking you up early."

I chew the inside of my cheek as she goes through her paperwork. Miss. Ryder taps her fingers anxiously and steals looks at the mirror, letting five minutes pass before speaking again.

"Okay Finn, I have a....surprise for you.." This doesn't sound good. I jiggle my leg with impatience.

"Continue,"

she chews on her pencil cap and reverts her eyes from mine.

"You..you might not like it. If you get angry your guards will have to come take you."

I let out a terse laugh.

"Me? Angry? I guess we'll just have to see."

Miss. Ryder motions towards the window, and the door opens slowly and mechanically, setting butterflies off in my stomach. Before I see her, I smell her perfume. Lavender and vanilla. While pushing my chair back against the wall, metal screeching against metal, I breathe heavily. Miss. Ryder gets up and walks toward me.

"It's ok Finn, calm down, calm down, please?"

She begs for me to remain composed, but how can I? The one person that solely ruined my life is now standing in the doorway of a room i'm locked in. I have no escape, and people expect me to remain calm? I shake my head and gulp as she walks closer to me while tugging down on her black skirt. She bites her lip flirtatiously and leans in close, her minty breath tickling my ear.

"Hello Finnie," she whispers softly.

My heart drops and I scramble to get away from her. My throat feels tight, too tight. To believe I trusted Miss. Ryder, what a fool. Out of the corner of my eye I see Carl and Jimmy burst into the room, but Miss. Ryder holds them back.

"Finn, it's okay, we're just going to have a civil conversation and works things out between you and Millie."

I adjust the collar of my t-shirt as I sit back in my seat and pull it up to the table. Millie does the same and seats herself by Miss. Ryder. Figures, she's probably afraid of me, but I'm not the one to be concerned about.

"Okay, Millie, what's your side of the story?" Millie flashes her a sweet smile and glances in my direction.

"Me and Finn, we were dating for a few months. He was really into this relationship, I wasn't so I dumped him."

She shrugs as if it was the most normal thing to do. As if breaking hearts is her favorite past time. Miss. Ryder nods and scribbles something down while I tap my foot anxiously. The air even feels different with Her presence, weighing down heavily on my shoulders and making my head spin.

"Finn, I've already heard your side of this, and you made it seem that Millie was, well, evil."

Millie jokingly raises her eyebrow as a small smirk forms on her perfect lips, wait no, not perfect, sickening. Downright sickening.

"You don't know her like I do," I mumble under my breath, but still loud enough for them to hear.

Miss. Ryder swiftly turns to Millie, curiosity getting the best of her.

"Do you feel any remorse seeing Finn in this state that you left him in?"

I look down at my crumpled jeans and stained shirt; I guess I am a mess.  Millie tucks her hair behind her ear and eyes me cautiously.  

"Of course not."