XIV. Mega Man

"That was Sally," Sonic said, jogging away with me in tow. "She really knows how to get a guy's attention."

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Always with the jokes."

"Well, only a little. That really was her, 'Sonic we're being attacked could you please help' shout." He stopped talking until we turned the corner and saw Tails and Sally attacking my copy. "Oh, come on!" Sonic yelled, but not without a slight smile. "I call Faker!"

"I'll gladly kill you this time!" Copy said, jumping toward Sonic. I was a little wary of letting Sonic battle Copy again, but Sally and Tails were fighting Elec Man and Bass and his dog, Treble. The doctors were trying to stall us, but for whatever reason, didn't want us dead all that badly. Yet, at least. When Tempo had lured Sonic into her trap, there had been a ton of robots to capture him. The evil masterminds were biding their time and waiting for the right moment, and until then, they weren't going to spare every robot master they had.

I started running toward Bass, who I assumed would cause the most damage. He was fast, and together with his dog, they were a force to be reckoned with. "Hey, Bass!" I shouted, shooting a small beam at him to get his attention. He turned to me with a look of pure anger on his face. I took a step back - he was always angry and agitated, but this was a whole new level. 

"I'll finish you!" he shouted. He stepped toward me, shooting at me. His projectiles came at me a lot faster than I remembered, and as a result, a few pierced through my arm. I winced, then flattened to the ground as Bass jumped toward me, his foot bent out to slug me. In an impulsive moment, I changed to Time Man, stopping everyone around me. Except Sonic, who shouted in surprise as he fell into a pile of junk inbetween a couple of planes.

"Sorry!" I said, running toward Bass. I jumped up and positioned my hands so that when I changed into Tempo's power, the drills would go right through him. And then I changed into Tempo's power, my hands forming into drills. They pierced through his armor, but I didn't get much farther. Treble intercepted me, as if he had sensed the time power I had used and was ready to help Bass.

I was knocked onto my back, and I held my arm out just in the nick of time as Treble sank his teeth into it. I stood up and swung my arm so that he was thrown away, though I knew that wouldn't keep him away for long. Knowing that I had to keep moving, I rolled to the side just as Bass' fist collided with the ground next to me. I stood and stole a glance at Sally, who seemed to be faring well against Elec Man. She was at least buying time for Tails to fix the plane.

I had to stay on the defensive as I fought Bass. He was constantly kicking, throwing a fist, or siccing his dog on me as he shot at me. At this rate, I would tire out before I could finish him off.

"Hang on, Mega Man!" I heard Sally yell. "The plane is almost ready! Hold him off for another minute!"

At Sally's voice, Treble ran to her. I was impressed as I saw out of the corner of my eye wielding her blades. She looked artful, and Treble didn't have a chance of getting near Tails.

I sidestepped as Bass tried to shoot point blank at me, finally getting a real chance to counter him. Quickly, I swung my feet out, tripping him onto his face. But before I could do anything else, he grabbed my foot and brought me to the ground. I shielded my face with my arms as he shot a slightly charged shot at me, then jumped back up to the ground. I ran toward Sally as she called to me again, changing to ice man and pointing my blaster at the ground. As I went, ice trailed behind me, and Bass didn't realize until it was too late. The propeller of the plane was already spinning, and as I jumped onto the wing of the plane, Treble jumped onto it. However, Bass called him back, and he obeyed hesitantly.

"What about Sonic?" I asked, still feeling on edge from the fight. The plane had two seats, and Sally was in the back seat while Tails was piloting the plane. It was gaining some momentum slowly.