XXVI. Sonic the Hedgehog

As it turned out, the tower was even taller than I had originally thought. It took a lot longer than I would have liked to get to the top, but I eventually made it.

The room I came to was even more massive than the ones I had been in before. There was no ceiling but the walls went up high. In the center was something that looked exactly like the laser I had been shot with by Eggman that caused me to go crazy. All around it were Chaos Emeralds and shards lodged into its sides, but it was massive. It almost made me dizzy looking up at it.

I walked forward, looking side to side, waiting for something to happen. Surely, Eggman wouldn't just let me stride forward and turn into Super Sonic, would he...?

"You think you've won, don't you?" I looked up to see Eggman flying from the sky in his pod.

"Haven't you had enough?" I said, folding my arms. "You've tortured this world enough. It's time to go back to making life on Mobius miserable. I'd ask you to step down and let me just use Chaos Control to end this, but you're too selfish."

"You actually think this was about controling the minds of everyone on the planet, don't you?" Eggman looked pleased with himself.

"What else?" I asked, shaking my head.

"I can't do anything on any world if you're still alive," Eggman explained.

"Hey, you do learn!" I shouted.

"That didn't merit a comment," Eggman sighed.

"Everything you say deserves to be ridiculed."

"Shut up!" Eggman said, getting frustrated.

"Sure, anything for you. Hurry up and tell me what your plan is so I can stop it."

"My plan is to destroy you," Eggman said, laughing after he spoke.

"What, you're going to spend hundreds of mind controlled people against me?" I asked. "That's the best you can do?"

"I had to figure out something to lure you here, and since I was sure I couldn't keep Shadow on my side for long, I made sure he knew about the mind control device."

"Okay, so, what? You're going to bring out a mech and try and destroy me? That lame old dance again?"

"No," Eggman said darkly. "I needed to find a way to kill even Super Sonic, so that's what I've done. You'll have two options: save this planet and kill yourself, or let the world die and save yourself! But I know there's only one choice for you."

"I don't even know what could kill Super Sonic," I said, shaking my head. "I'm invulnerable with that power. What makes you think you've discovered that?"

"Then it wouldn't be a surprise, now, would it?"

"Um, you didn't say it was a surprise."

"Shut up!" Eggman repeated. "Bah, it doesn't matter. Enjoy oblivion!"

Eggman flew away, and the ground started to shake violently. I lost my footing, but decided that it would probably be a good time to use the Chaos Emeralds. I stood back up, holding my arms out and letting the energy of the Chaos Emeralds flow through my mind. I smiled as I felt the comforting warmth reach from my head to my toes. It was so much better than the hatred and anger I had felt not long before.

I began to glow, rising into the air. I noticed that there was definitely something wrong with the device in front of me. The shards that were powering the machine were shining, and I had a really bad feeling something terrible was about to happen, but I wasn't going to try anything before I saved Mega Man.