Prologue - N's Castle

This book was re-edited as of [07/01/2020] onwards. All comments that were commented before that date refers to the previous story. Please save those commenters the trouble and not reply to their comments regarding your confusion towards what they were referring to.

Everything in the story is happening in both versions of Black and White(1 and 2), mainly the Black versions. There will also be small additions from the PokéSpe (Adventures) Series, but not exactly. The Pokémon teams and personalities were distributed to each character from gameplay experience or due to the author's personal bias.

Note: if the beginning of the chapter does not have { White~ } appear there, then the chapter is being told in Narrator Perspective (Limited Omniscient).

Last edited: 04/07/2020

★👑★

White~

"White! You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! White! If anyone can, it's you! Well then... Farewell!"

I only stared at him... I didn't—I couldn't say a word, not even a simple goodbye... I wanted to grab his arm before he jumped off the cliff. The next thing I knew he was on Zekrom's back, as its electric tail spun and sparked blue electricity.

I caught a glimpse of N's face—his gentle, pure smile carved on his lips—just before he and Zekrom disappeared into the sky.

My knees trembled, my body shook uncontrollably, sinking to the ground. I couldn't control my tears, as it spilled onto my shorts. My hands hastily cupped my mouth, as I hold all of the unheard screams inside.

My chest felt heavy... Was I having a heartache... the feeling of loss?

Why did I feel this way? I didn't understand... but I want the pain to go away.

Then I had the feeling someone was near, just as the figure placed their hand on my shoulder—or rather, its paw.

I turned around and noticed my faithful, blue companion, kneeling to my level, flashing a compassionate yet pitiful grin. I wrapped my arms around him in response to his actions. He embraced me back, lightly patting my upper back.

"Lucario..." I cried.

He lightly pushed my shoulders back, distancing us by a few inches to stare at my current state. However, I was not the man who jumped off the cliff... I wasn't capable of understanding what a Pokémon thought or said.

"Hey, Riolu. Would you tell me what kind of Trainer White is?"

"Ok, ok, got it. So White was born in Nuvema Town, lives with her mom, and was given a Pokédex to start off a journey to see the world. Still, this Riolu trusts you for some reason. That's good! If every person and Pokémon cared about one another like you two do, I could watch over the future of people and Pokémon without having to liberate Pokémon from people who just use them."

His words back in Mistralton City... he knew what Lucario was thinking as if Pokémon were real human beings as well. I knew they had feelings—I knew they were not objects to fulfill a desire. Thinking back, I wondered if I was selfish to seek the title of Champion... and if I was using Pokémon in a way their voice didn't matter.

Of course, there were people in the world who perfectly fit N's description of irresponsible trainers who treated Pokémon horribly. Team Plasma—no... Ghetsis... he was no exception. I couldn't imagine how many people are like him.