Chapter 19 - A Selfless Choice

Last edited: 07/01/2020

★👑★

Before Ghetsis's defeat, Cheren visited the Giant Chasm to confirm N's suspicions; he was right. The chamber where Kyurem was supposedly at its strongest when being there had machines installed everywhere.

A platform caught Cheren's eyes, as he realized that it was going to be the device Colress will use to control Kyurem.

"He's going to use Touko as well... I can't let him do that!" Cheren swore to himself.

With the data chip in hand, he began setting his plan into motion. He was fully aware of the consequences that the data chip provided. 'A life for a life', Rosa had mentioned. He thought about her words, yet it never changed his final decision.

Cheren knew the data chip was the transferable key needed to shift the energy Colress's device required to something else.

"...yet the energy is so strong, it could destroy anything... anything."

He took out his Pokédex, recalling all the memories he had with White and Bianca, and Black as well. He explored all of Unova to register Pokémon data onto the device. Now that White had completed Unova Pokédex—now the majority of the National Pokédex, there was barely a reason for Cheren to continue.

Cheren taught children in Aspertia City—he realized that there would have to be another teacher teaching them instead of him.

"Touko, I'm probably the naive one. If I had tried harder... maybe... would you look at me the same way you look at N?" Cheren muttered to himself before sighing. "It's too late now. I could move on, but... my final purpose will be done here."

He installed the chip into his Pokédex and began adjusting the settings on Colress's machines. Afterwards, he rearranged his Pokédex so that it became a manual controller. This was the one shot he had. If he failed, White would never receive her happy ending.

He couldn't have her face that, after all the things she had been through.

Suddenly, Cheren heard a tremor. His Liepard ran to him, signalling to him about something approaching. Cheren knew Colress was coming and had just finished adjusting things.

"Liepard, help me hide!" Cheren whispered, hopping onto its back as the feline Pokémon sprinted away from the scene, as Colress descends from the opening above the Chasm.

★👑★

"Bianca! Ghetsis has been defeated, but Colress is the next mastermind in freezing Unova. You need to tell Rood to send people to the Giant Chasm. We're going to face Colress there," Black informed her.

"Strange enough for you to say that. Anthea and Concordia told us beforehand. It was inside intel, according to them. We're already heading there. Meet me outside of the cave, okay?"

Black nodded and turned off his Xtransciever, having his Charizard fly him to the Giant Chasm behind Hugh's Unfezant and Nate's Genesect. The three Pokémon were faster than the platform holding Kyurem. Black knew he had to hold off from stopping White, even though it was painful to endure.

When they arrived, Black noticed N entering the cave. He would've called him out, but decided against that. However, it seemed Bianca and the rest of Team Plasma were already there by the time the three male trainers had arrived.

"Black! Down here!" Bianca called out.

The three trainers landed beside the group. Anthea and Concordia were with them as well, presenting them their Pokéballs that they left them in the ladies' care.