Chapter 5 - Reunion

Last edited: 07/01/2020

★👑★

White~

After I finished the Fashion Show, I met up with Elesa backstage. The show was a success and Elesa couldn't be any happier than she already was. I was happy too, but I wasn't thinking about the show.

Bianca was right—not that I doubted her in the beginning...I just had my suspicions. Why was N here?

"Thank you so much for your help, White! I'm serious; this is a success! Everyone loved you. The festival will be a massive tourist hot spot, and I have you to thank," Elesa stated.

I nodded my head, as I noticed Lucario entering the back door. His face showed it all; it was about N. It had to be N—the man was tall with long green hair, one that reminded me of N's...

I excused myself and followed Lucario outside from backstage. There were a lot of reporters in the halls, but Lucario managed to lead me away from them and outside safely. Gardevoir suddenly appeared in front of me, holding out her hand in front of me.

After I grabbed her hand, Gardevoir teleported us to another place—a place so familiar... Lostlorn Forest, if I remember correctly. Lucario wasn't with me, which caused me to worry. However, Gardevoir's presence reassured me that nothing bad would happen.

I trust all of my friends equally.

'Over there,' Gardevoir pointed to a group of trees in front of us. The trailer was gone, for some reason, but I wasn't concerned about that. Gardevoir was guiding me through the forest itself, past the many trees that stood from the 'now-gone' trailer.

Gardevoir suddenly stopped.

'Continue without me. I'll stand right here if something bad happens. Just keep walking forward.'

Her words soothed my anxiety, especially when she and Lucario hadn't done something like this before. I didn't know what they were planning, but I trusted them. So I continued forward, as she said, and I welcomed the sight of open space.

I was surprised to find the spacious plains I stood. The last time I was here I tried interacting with the woman from the trailer, yet to come back with no response. However, what I saw caused me to halt.

The man who leaned against the tree, which stood elegantly in the middle of this beautiful area. His long green hair—the same hair that I recognized from a few years ago—rustled along with the soft current. His arms crossed against his white shirt, as he stared at the sky and the Pokémon that flew by.

As I stared at him with mesmerization, I muttered his name loud enough for him to hear.

"N..."

He heard my voice, his head turning around after he heard my voice call out to him, the same blue-grey eyes that once vibrated the sense of anger, pain, determination, and betrayal.

"White... It's really you..." he said with a smile; the same pure, gentle smile from two years ago.

He relaxed his body, letting his arms rest against his sides, before standing straight to approach me. I wanted to step back. This was happening too fast, but I knew deep down that I wanted him to come closer. I wanted to hear what he had to say, what he now believed in this Pokémon world. I wondered if he changed in the two years.

Although, I was greatly displeased that it took me two years to find him, only for him to show up in front of me as if nothing had happened. I wanted to vent all of my emotions and stress onto him, to the point of raising my hand slightly.