Chapter 3 - Cheren

Last edited: 07/01/2020

★👑★

White~

'Lucario! Use Bone Rush on Garbodor's arms when it's in the air,' I told him.

Lucario summoned his light blue bone-like staff and waited for Garbodor to attack. Garbodor extended its arms again in another attempt to attack Lucario, with the latter dodging without much effort. Lucario attacked Garbodor with his staff, which Garbodor dodged the exact same way I predicted. With all of his might, Lucario swung his staff towards Garbodor's arms with a massive amount of physical force.

Garbodor stumbled and lost balance, as the large Pokémon began to fall from the air. Lucario jumped in the air, beneath it, and placed his hands together, summoning a dark blue sphere of energy between them. After a second, Lucario fired an Aura Sphere towards his opponent. While it was in the air and with its arms damaged, Garbodor was a sitting duck.

The impact caused a small explosion. Lucario used Extreme Speed to force his body to move—kicked his foot in the air and using the energy from its body and legs to push himself back. He stood in front of me, while Garbodor fell to the ground, defeated and exhausted.

I looked up to Roxie who stood there in utter shock as if what she saw was something that shouldn't have happened. However, I knew this victory was mine. I released a sigh of relief and proceeded to stand next to Lucario, patting his shoulders for a job well done.

'We did it,' I said to him.

'We sure did. Nice thinking,' Lucario responded.

Lucario and I hugged in satisfaction, as I knew from the bottom of my heart that it was truly Lucario who deserved this victory. I'm sure he was exhausted since he had to use his speed to win the match. However, I knew Lucario loved battling.

His strong endurance pulled him through.

"So the rumours were true..." Roxie muttered as she approached us after sending Garbodor back in its Pokéball.

"You battled well, Roxie. If Lucario had not been fast enough to dodge your attacks, I'm sure you would've won the battle," I commented.

Roxie nodded. "Your Lucario's something else—Seriously! You and Lucario must've trained extra hard. I saw it! You guys were giving each other some quick glances."

"We naturally do that. Lucario just knows my battling style," I responded, half-lying but also truthfully.

Lucario trained very hard while my friends and I explored the other regions Professor Juniper informed me on, willing to battle the majority of my opponents along the way. He tackled through the harsh obstacles that stood in our way, from the everlasting change in temperature to the relentless weather conditions from different areas. I was proud of him and happy he stood by my side—as well as my other friends—throughout my journey.

★👑★

After I received the Toxic Badge from Roxie, I recalled the promise I made with Bianca to visit Cheren. Reshiram helped me and Lucario by taking us to Aspertia City, where Cheren was battling his challengers. If I also remembered, Cheren became a teacher at a Trainer School.

He was very intelligent and offered advice throughout our journey. I'm sure this was the perfect occupation for him. Hopefully, the children weren't too hard on him—actually, Cheren's capable of withstanding whatever stood in his way, from calmly to rashly.

I'm sure Cheren hadn't changed over the years.

When I entered the city, I was pleased with how peaceful it was. The Gym should be near the Pokémon Center, right? That's also where the Trainer School Cheren worked at was.