Chapter 12 - Confessions

Last edited: 07/01/2020

★👑★

White~

"I should head back now. Thank you for greeting me, Rood," I informed him, proceeding to leave the building and heading to the construction site Clay had talked about.

According to the workers, the tunnel connected to other familiar parts, such as Mistralton Cave and Twist Mountain. Out of curiosity, I wanted to check it out. I could see the worry in their faces, but they allowed me to enter, so long as I was careful.

Lucario sprinted first, with me and Gardevoir following afterward.

"They did a good job mining this place," I commented.

'It all looks stable. Look at the mining carts,' Gardevoir added.

"Let's see if we can get to Twist Mountain, then Icirrus City. I kind of want to visit the tower—Dragonspiral Tower, right?"

Thankfully, there were other workers inside. If they weren't here, we would've gotten lost by now. They showed me the directions to the exits of the tunnel.

After thanking them, Gardevoir, Lucario, and I headed to the direction the worker instructed us to follow. Though it wasn't as strangely suffocating as I had thought, we managed to reach the exit that brought us to a very familiar route: Twisted Mountain. After navigating without much trouble, we arrived at Icirrus City.

I stared at the flowers that bloomed within these spring months. Visually, nothing changed. However, it felt like years since I've stepped foot in these cities.

Gardevoir grabbed the Pokéball in my bag and tapped herself inside. Judging from the fatigue expression she wore for a second, I assumed Gardevoir must've felt tired from all the walking. I stared at Lucario who simply shook his head.

Lucario had a pretty durable endurance when it came down to stamina.

"Dragonspiral Tower was this way, right? It's been too long since I had visited that place," I noted, muttering the last part.

'I remembered that time,' Lucario added.

I knew what he meant. It was that moment where things started to unravel. The time where N summoned the Legendary Pokémon Zekrom to help him. It was the day where I had started a new path to become the Hero of Truth.

"Now, Zekrom and I will head to the Pokémon League and defeat the Champion! This will be the last of the Pokémon battles that hurt Pokémon so. A world for Pokémon alone... It's finally going to be a reality."

Zekrom spread its wings and started floating in the air, rising higher and higher until it left me and N alone in the tower.

"If you want to stop me, you must become a hero as well! That's right! When Zekrom's counterpart, Reshiram, recognizes you, we will finally be even, and then you can try to stop us!"

I was stunned by his words. Reshiram? The Legendary Pokémon? How will I ever find it?

And N—why is he doing this?

"Well, what will you do? My prediction... If the future that I see is true, you will meet Reshiram. The Pokémon with you believe in you so strongly... Will you be the one who interferes with my formula for changing the world? If you want to protect the bonds between Pokémon and people, you must search for Reshiram! I'm sure it is waiting for you in the form of the Light Stone."

Gardevoir stood behind me silently, but for some reason, I can tell she was getting agitated with the situation. It was similar to how I'm feeling. I can't let N separate people and their Pokémon. They both need each other. They have a bond to help each other.