Chapter 15 - Humilau City

Last edited: 07/01/2020

★👑★

White~

N and I left the hidden base and flew to Humilau City with Reshiram's assistance. So far, things appeared normal. However, I noticed a large ship near a cave in the middle of Route 21.

Before we confirmed our suspicions, I noticed Touya speaking with Hugh in front of a Gym built in the city. Reshiram flew us down to meet up with Touya who had noticed our presence and waved us down. As Reshiram got on the ground and after N and I got off, I noticed growing stares from the people residing here.

"Don't worry about the stares, Touko. Are you here regarding Neo Team Plasma? It's strangely cold here," Touya commented.

"Yeah, that's the plan. Also, is that a Gym?"

Touya nodded. "Correct; this is the Humilau Gym. The Gym Leader's named Marlon and he specializes in Water-Type Pokémon. Hugh had defeated him not too long ago."

Then, he nudged at Hugh's arms, seemingly trying to motion Hugh to do something. I was confused and stared at Hugh, wondering what he was going to do. Then I noticed the guilty look in his eyes.

"I-I'm sorry, okay!? I shouldn't have said those things about you back in Driftveil City, but I still want answers from you!" Hugh exclaimed.

"I don't have your Purrloin. I had never caught a Purrloin nor did I ever had been in possession of one. It's useless trying to get that out of me," I clarified.

"But—"

"I don't understand the situation. Anthea and Concordia informed me about the bigger things but not the small details. What has Touko done to you?"

Touya looked visibly shocked for a moment before clearing his voice.

"Hugh is apologizing for accusing my dearest sister of siding with Team Plasma when a few factors are at play: there are two Team Plasmas currently in existence and the fact Touko was still in conflict about the whole situation. It was disrespectful for Hugh to say those things, and he shouldn't have done it, even if it were directed to any other person."

"Team Plasma took Purrloin from his sister; therefore it sparked his will for redemption in hopes Neo Team Plasma would pay for their actions, as well as retrieving the Purrloin back," I added.

N was silent for a moment. The thought of Pokémon being 'owned' by people must've still been hard to think about. I could understand why he's feeling this way, but now is not the time to think about it.

"Discussin' Team Plasma still, huh? As I've mentioned before, think 'bout why you're doin' that. Blamin' things on the Champion is not going to take you anywhere. Even if she did have your Purrloin it's not like it's gonna run up to you from her Pokéball."

Before I could even speak, a man approached us from behind Touya.

"Touko, this is Marlon. He's the Gym Leader of the Humilau Gym," Touya introduced.

The man was as tall as N. His skin was reasonably dark, with his blue hair and eyes popping out from his features. He was shirtless, wearing only striped leggings and flip flops. It's strange for me, but it seemed the bottom half of his body was fairly light in contrast to his upper body.

"Sup, Miss Champion. Fancy seein' you here. I know you seem busy but how 'bout a battle? I have been itchin' to challenge you after I became Gym Leader," Marlon requested.

Touya ran to my side and tugged my arm.

"Touko, I don't know if we have time."

"Yo dude, you don't happen to be the Team Plasma king, aren't ya? You don't look a thing of what the rumours are sayin', but never judge a book by its cover, huh..."