Chapter 11 - Feelings

Last edited: 07/01/2020

★👑★

White~

The voice belonged to Hugh, the boy I battled against during the second round. He hastily charged towards us and stopped in front of me. Cheren stepped forward and placed an arm in front of me, blocking Hugh's advance towards me.

I was startled at the sight of fury in his eyes.

"Hugh, what seems to be the commotion?" Cheren questioned.

"I heard your conversation from afar. What do you know about Team Plasma?" Hugh questioned in a harsh tone, which prompted Lucario to step forward with Cheren, with his staff in hand.

"White is not obliged to tell you anything. Whatever you have against Team Plasma is none of her business," Cheren responded in defence for me.

It didn't seem Hugh was backing down. I noticed his fists clenching, as he attempted to get past Cheren. With Lucario's assistance, Hugh was unsuccessful.

"I know who you are! You're the Hero of Truth, the one who had supposedly defeated Team Plasma two years ago! Yet you spoke about them with high praises! What is your connection with them!? Are you secretly a Team Plasma member yourself!?"

Those words startled me. I flinched the moment I heard those words leave Hugh's lips. It was an unbearable feeling, yet I didn't feel much shame about it—rather, it was more guilt than anything.

I still have yet to decide N's proposal to join the old Team Plasma. It was probably bad of me to do so, as it's slowly starting to cause misunderstandings such as this one. However, I couldn't just outright tell him my connections with N. It will not only bring bad stuff into my life but also into N's life.

I couldn't let him get hurt further.

"Stop talking nonsense! Don't slander her with such painful memories of two years ago!" Cheren exclaimed.

"Where's my sister's Pokémon?! Purrloin! Where's Purrloin!?"

I assumed something happened to his sister's Purrloin back then. However, there was nothing I could do to bring the Purrloin back. I don't know exactly what happened and how Team Plasma was connected.

Saying that, assuming the past, that Purrloin must've been liberated.

"The Purrloin you speak of is not with me, nor is any connection with Team Plasma. As Cheren said, everything that happened two years ago is all in the past. Anything that is related to Team Plasma has nothing to do with me," I declared.

Immediately, Hugh stopped resisting. Cheren released him and Lucario took steps back to stand next to me. I can hear the hushed whispers from the crowd that had formed due to Hugh's exclamation.

"That being said, even if I wanted to support them, it has nothing to do with you. That is my business. Whatever you have against Team Plasma and whatever happened to your sister's Purrloin is none of my business. Please watch your words from now on," I stated, motioning Lucario to leave with me.

"Cheren, I'm sorry our reunion was cut short again. I promise to make it up to you another day," I apologized towards Cheren, proceeding to leave the scene.

As I did, I noticed two figures staring at me with conflict in their eyes—Concordia and Anthea!

They immediately turned around as the crowd died down, proceeding to walk away from me. From the look in their eyes, I realized they were misunderstanding the situation. I feared this would happen, which also ticked me off that it happened.