Epilogue - Cherished Memories

Last edited: 07/01/2020

★👑★

"N, promise me a few things. Make sure you fulfill these for me. I promised Bianca I would accompany her and Touko to Striaton's new restaurant. Please take them there for me. Also, I think Touko's still oblivious to... certain emotions I feel towards her. Could you not tell her? I don't want to upset her or try to tear you two apart. One more thing..."

Cheren let out a sigh. "I have a strange feeling Bianca may be upset because of how she thinks I'm favouring Touko. Please find a way to tell her that I'll be okay and that I had never considered my feelings for Touko more important than the friendship we three had shared. Touya's Touko's brother; he can help you. Bianca and Touko will always be my closest female friends... and I don't want my feelings to be the reason our friendship breaks."

White~

"I haven't seen you wear that outfit in a while. It takes me back," N commented, as I join him leaning forward against the metal bars.

"And yet I've seen you wear that outfit since two years ago," I responded.

He chuckled and pulled me closer to his side. "Then I hope you can take responsibility for me."

I nodded. "Of course I will."

"Actually... there's a restaurant that had opened in Striaton City. To be truthfully honest, Cheren asked me to take you and the others there," N admitted.

Cheren... I wonder what was in that head of yours. You know people would be sad, so why did you have to leave us? I stared at my palm as I thought about that. N placed his hand over my palm, which made me avert my gaze towards him.

"He told me not to tell you this, but he had felt intimate feelings towards you for a while. I had a feeling maybe... Bianca had told you."

I nodded. "I never saw Cheren in that kind of way... I don't know how to feel about this—maybe I'm being selfish, but I can't see Cheren any more than a friend. Is it because Cheren never spoke about that kind of thing, or is it because I met you?"

N averted his gaze back to the water.

"If I hadn't met you two years ago, perhaps you really would've been Cheren's. While I'm thinking like that, I do feel guilty that it was our hidden love for each other that caused Cheren to withdraw. I wondered if he chose death because of it..."

I squeezed his hand. N sighed and turned to face towards me again.

"But I don't regret it, falling in love with you... I want to continue to love you, not because I promised Cheren—the way you smile, your kind heart, your beauty, the ways you make my heart race... I want to keep those moments to myself. I want to brand them on my heart," he confessed.

I took a step and used my other arm to embrace his torso.

"I also want these precious moments to stay in my heart. For everyone's sake, I'm going to pursue my own happiness... starting with a new journey with you."

★👑★

Touya finished talking to Bianca back home. After we said goodbye to Mom, I asked Touya regarding the movie Rosa had mentioned. He looked startled but agreed to my request to learn more about the movie.

The four of us flew to the Pokéstar Studio. Mr. Gold greeted us. Touya escorted us to one of the production rooms near the southern part of the studio. According to Mr. Gold, it was Touya's personal area. Touya opened a drawer and passed me a flyer.