Chapter 6: It Can Do That?

Jason

"So, um, you guys are the real deal?" the stallion asked with wide eyes.
Backtrack. I woke up in a run-down apartment along with Rainbow, Quentin, and Luna. We left the building to look around, found this...cruddy city thing, were instantly recognized by some ponies, and were brought right back up to the apartment.
"Yup!" Rainbow said matter-of-factly.
The stallion's eyes grew wider and he turned to the other two mares that were with him. "Guys we actually found them they're alive ohmigosh!" He said excitedly. Although he was a full-grown stallion, he still was kind of childish. He even wore one of those propeller caps.
"Who are you guys?" Quentin asked.
"I'm Button Mash," the stallion introduced. He was dark brown with a peachy-orange mane. "I'm Vinyl!" one of the mares said, a white unicorn with a blue mane and purple tinted shades. "And I'm Octavia," the other mare introduced, a light gray earth pony with a darker gray mane and a neat purple bowtie. She seemed the most mature of the three.
"So...where were we?" Luna asked.
I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?" Vinyl asked what I was thinking.
"Well, there were many options ad to what could have happened when my magic and Nightmare Notch's magic combined. One could have even been death. But it seems to me, seeing as you all appear older than you usually are, we have traveled into the future. So, where were we, and how long were we gone?"
Button shrugged. "You guys just disappeared, like, four years ago. I didn't know you faced Nightmare Notch. It was just said you all died trying to save us."
Luna's eyes widened. "Save you?"
Octavia sighed. "Nightmare Notch was able to take control of Minecraftia and Equestria, both weak with losses of powerful leaders. He created this place where minecraftians and ponies live crudely together under his reign, in-" the gray mare was cut off as a loud CRASH sounded through the small apartment.
A pale yellow and red blur flew through the window, shattering the glass, and knocked into Quentin and Rainbow.
"Hey!" Rainbow shouted, and quickly jumped up, spreading her wings threateningly. Then she blinked as she-and everyone else, for that matter-recognized it as Mitch.
Mitch groaned and got to his feet. "Dat deja vu dough," he commented.
Then he blinked as he realized everyone was staring at him.
"Hey," he said awkwardly.
"...Mitch?" Quentin asked.
Mitch stared at him. "Hey."
"...Your...wings."
Mitch blinked. "Ohh, yeah. Those. Don't worry about it. What are the chances that I found you guys?" he said, smiling.
"Mitch! Are you oka-Rainbow Dash!" An orange pegasus with a magenta mane flew up to the window, saw Rainbow and flew inside, straight for her.
"Scootaloo?" Rainbow said incredulously.
"I knew you'd cone back! Just like everyone else!" Scootaloo said gleefully.
"Hey, Scootaloo," Button greeted.
"Everyone else?" Luna asked.
"Hold on. This is too confusing," I said out loud.
"Yeah, let's just take you guys to the others. They're outside, waiting. We'll finally have everyone again!" Mitch said. I was trying hard to ignore the huge yellow wings on his back, and miserably failing. He still hadn't explained, like, anything. Including the wings, of course.
"Let's go, then!" Button said. There was a flash of pale yellow, and he was gone.
"Wha...?" Rainbow said, blinking.
Octavia gave a small giggle, then there was a flash of lavender and she was gone, too.
Vinyl gave a funny smile and disappeared in a light blue flash as well.
"What was that?" Rainbow exclaimed. "Did they just do magic? Only Vinyl's a unicorn!" she looked to Luna for an explanation, but the dark blue alicorn was speechless.
"Uh, you all can just fly down, right?" Scootaloo asked.
"Well, Jason and I can't," Quentin said, but then there was a blue flash of light and suddenly we were on the ground outside, in front of our friends along with some other familiar faces.
"You're welcome," Luna said. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo were already there. Man, could they fly fast.
"You found them!" Pinkie said happily.
"Mitch, I told you so," Twilight said, but still looked happy that we were here.
●※●
We were all in a large warehouse that the Doctor and Derpy called 'home'.
"Alright. We have everyone," Twilight said.
"How did you guys do that magicky thingy before?!" Quentin asked Button, Vinyl and Octavia.
"Well, I'm a unicorn, so I can do stuff like that," Vinyl said, and made her horn glow pale blue.
"Wait...but I thought Luna had teleported you all down," Twilight said. "Only really advanced unicorns can do teleportation spells."
"Well, maybe I'm just really advanced," Vinyl said, raising her chin.
Twilight raised an eyebrow.
Vinyl sighed. "Yeah...no. Button, Octavia and I are part of-" Octavia shoved her hoof in Vinyl's mouth.
"Part of...?" Lyra asked with a confused expression.
"This really cool group of ponies and minecraftians where they teach unicorns how to do better magic, and earth ponies, pegasi, and minecraftians to channel their own magical energy!" Button said happily from where he sat in our large ragged circle next to Sweetie Belle. Those two obviously had something going on. Dating, maybe? And Rarity looked very unhappy about it.
Octavia sighed. "Really?" she asked. Suddenly, she drew her hoof out of Vinyl's mouth. "Gah! She licked my hoof!" she complained and wiped it on the ground.
"Oh, Tavi, it's fine!" Vinyl said with a dismissive hoof-wave.
"There's a group of minequestrians who learn how to do magic?" Seto asked with wide eyes. Some of the other 'minequestrians' looked surprised, too, like Lyra, Derpy, the Doctor, Bon Bon, Tyler, Scootaloo, Ryan and Apple Bloom.
"Yeah! It's really secret though, and they don't really bring in a lot of members," Button said. "And it actually works! Right, Sweetie Belle? You've seen me do magic before."
Sweetie Belle nodded. "You knew about this?" Apple Bloom asked.
"Yeah. I never actually joined though. I'm not good with magic..." Sweetie Belle replied.
"Why would they teach that?" Luna asked interestedly.
"Well, they're training us for a revolution," Vinyl said.
"WHAAAT? Why was I never told about any of this?" Seto exclaimed. "Hmm. Maybe because you're a sorcerer. You already know how to do magic. Or maybe it's because you get paid to have your magic drained to Nightmare Notch," Octavia said thoughtfully.
"Who leads it?" I asked.
"Ah..." Vinyl started. She closed her mouth and blinked. "I dunno."
"How do you not know?" Jordan asked.
"Well, they don't reveal themselves. But they're good. I know that doesn't sound promising...but they're good," Button said with a nod.
"Can you...take us to the group?" Luna asked.
"Ehh...." Vinyl said, and looked at Octavia. Octavia frowned and shrugged. "I guess so," Vinyl said finally.
"Alright. Let's go!" Button said.
We all walked for, like, one block. Then we found ourselves back at the statues, which were conveniently close by.
Button, Octavia and Vinyl stepped up to the statues, and the dirty ground below their hooves began to glow in bright, spreading veins. Yellow glowing from Button, pale purple from Octavia and light blue from Vinyl. The veins eventually connected in a white circle of light in front of the statues, which grew larger and then seeped into the ground. When the light finally faded, in its place was a large hole with a spiral staircase going down.
"Whoooooaaa," Bash said.
"It can do that?" Ryan asked quizzically.
"Yup. Come on!" Vinyl said, an the three ponies led us down.