Chapter 10: Horror Map or Not?

Ty

I woke up lying on my stomach on a cold, hard surface. My head was pounding like crazy-I moaned and kept my eyes shut.

Then, I remembered Rarity, and forced myself to get into sitting position and open my eyes, even if it felt like someone had hit me in the brain with a hammer.

Looking around, I realized that I was in a stronghold-stone brick walls, mossy and cracked, moody, dimly lit hallways, many doors and hallways.

I jumped as I heard a noise behind me, and quickly recognized it as Adam stirring besides me.

"Oh my god, my head hurts," he moaned.

"Same...actually, I think it's going away. Try getting up," I advised. Adam groaned in protest but did so anyways. "Where the hell are we?". He asked.

"Uhh... a stronghold?" I wasn't sure. But it definitely looked like one.

"Oh wow, you're right," Adam said, rising to his feet and wobbling slightly. "We're in one of those cage-cell areas-crap, are we locked in?" he asked, looking around the small, plain room with one wall completely made of iron bars.

"No-there's a wooden door behind you," I said with relief, also getting to my feet. I could feel the terrible headache ebbing away.

"Alright, let's have a look around," I said, swinging the door open. Adam and I left the cell and started wandering around the stronghold.

"Do you think we're back in minecraft?" Adam asked.

"I don't think so. Minecraftia was destroyed, right?" I reminded him.

"Yeah, but maybe we traveled back to the present?"

I tilted my head to the side, thinking. "Could Rarity do that?" I asked.

"Dude, that was not Rarity," Adam said seriously.

"Then what was it?"

"How am I supposed to know? Some sort of demon. Did you see here eyes?! They were, like, cat eyes. And they were green. And her magic was also green. I don't think it's supposed to be green," Adam explained.

"That was so random. And terrifying. I just remember her surrounding us in this huge freaking green fire wall!" I exclaimed, picturing the neon green flames in my mind.

"That fire thingie must have sent us here. But I have no idea about anything. Who she is, what that was, when are we, where are we, why are we here, and how are we here. So, don't ask. Well, you can ask, but I'll give you a really sarcastic answer or something like 'Gee, the magical Squid kingdom!'" Adam ranted.

I blinked. "So if I asked you where your favorite place to go was, you would say the magical Squid kingdom?"

"Shut up."

"...No."

"Ty."

"Yeah?"

"Shut-" Adam was cut off as the ground started to shake violently, and a loud rumbling and crashing noise echoed from one of the many tunnels and turns around us.

Once it stopped, we stood still, silent for a couple of seconds.

"......up. What was that." Adam finished.

"Do we want to know?" I asked, the stronghold suddenly seeming more dark and creepy.

"Ty, I'm startled...nah, not the same."