Australia

I have to admit, the food here is amazing. Especially the pavlova - a meringue a soft centre topped with whipped cream and passionfruit pulp, kiwifruit or fresh berries.

"OMG, this is so good," my older sister, Maddie says, cramming half of her pavlova into her mouth.

"This is the best dessert ever!" my other sister, Darian says.

"Yeah I love it!" Lauren says, finishing up her pavlova.

"Me too." I add.

"Everyone done?" My dad, Dale asks, looking round at us.

"Yeah." We answer.

"Okay, lets go check out the house." Dad says, standing up.

He leaves the bill on the table and we all exit the restaurant.

Dad collects the keys for the car and we enter the car. As Dad is driving to the new house, Lauren cleverly points out all the landmarks.

"There's the City Botanic Gardens!"

"And that's Brisbane City Hall!"

"We've just entered Gold Coast!"

"Now we're in Mermaid Beach!" Lauren exclaims. "Wait, is the house in Mermaid Beach?"

"Yep!" Dad says.

"Awesome!!" Laurens says excitedly.

"What's so awesome about Mermaid Beach?" I ask her.

"It is only the most fantastic part of Goal Coast! The houses there are amazing!" Lauren squeals.

"Mermaid Beach?" Maddie mumbles to herself. "Isn't that where Aunt Becca and the twins live?"

"Yeah." Lauren answers.

"Wait, Dad are we staying with Aunt Becca?" Maddie asks.

"Yes." Dad says.

"WHAT?!" We all screech.

"Becca said the twins were super excited that we're coming to Australia and they begged her to get us to come stay with them!" Mom gushes, "And we said yes because Becca's my sister and we just adore the twins so much."

"No we don't!" Lauren says.

"How could you not! They're adorable!" Mom says.

"They're not adorable! They're the twins of terror." I grumble.

"Don't call them 'the twins of terror'." Mom instructs.

Riley and Lacey really are the twins of terror. Last time, when they came to stay with us, they made us kids' lives hell on earth.
They'd act all nice and sweet in front of the parents, then act like monsters when they're with us. For the whole time they were staying with us, we had to watch our backs, watching for what kind of 'trick' the twins would play on us next. When the twins finally left, us kids threw a party, celebrating the fact that they were gone.

We continue the drive in silence. When we finally reach Aunt Becca's house and we've climbed out of the car, the complaining starts.

"But Mooooommmmmm, why do we have to stay with the twins?!" Lauren whines as she takes her suitcase from me.

"I told you before. They asked us too." Mom says.

"Wow!" Maddie says. She is standing at the front of the house.

"What is it?" Lauren asks, as she turns around.

I turn round too. My mouth falls open. I have never seen such an amazing house (More like, mansion).

"Okay, I've changed my mind. We can stay riiiiiiiight here." Lauren says, beaming.

" Lauren says, beaming

-Aunt Becca's house

No matter how spectacular the house looks, I am still dreading our stay here.

When we've gotten all our luggage out of the car, we all go up to the front door.

Ding! Dong! The doorbell sounds.

"They're here!" I hear Aunt Becca call. "I'll be a minute."

She comes to the door.

"Meredith!" She says. "Dale!"

"Hi, Becca." Mom says.

"Kids!!" Aunt Becca squeals and hugs us each in turn. She starts with Maddie, goes to Darian and the comes to me. She opens her arms wide and enlopes me in a huge hug. I'm struggling for air, trapped in Aunt Becca's hug.

"Let me go." I yelp. "I can't breathe."

Aunt Becca finally releases me and turns to Lauren. After crushing Lauren for a bit, she leads us into the house.

She shows us straight to the kitchen, where we meet Riley and Lacey sitting at the table, colouring.

"Aunt Meredith! Uncle Dale!" The twins say, in this really annoying-adorable way.

"Hello girls!" My parents say.

Riley and Lacey get up, run towards my parents and give them a hug. Then they turn to me (since I am unfortunately the closest to them) and squeeze me super tight. I awkwardly pat them on the back for a few seconds and then try untangle myself from the hug. Riley and Lacey cling to me like glue. I have to pry myself away from them.