Heartbroken

"John!!" Nadia yells at me. "Get up!!"

"I don't wanna." I whine.

"JOHNNY VINCENT ORLANDO! YOU BETTER GET THE HELL UP RIGHT NOW OR I PROMISE YOU, I WILL FLIP THIS BED RIGHT OVER!" Nadia screams at me.

I curl up in my duvet, oblivious to Nadia's threat. I know Nadia. She would never actually flip the bed over.

Nadia rolls up her sleeves and poises herself, ready to flip the bed. I still don't move. It's just drama. She is just trying to intimidate me.

I close my eyes, untangle myself from the duvet and let out a dramatic yawn.

This is the last straw for Nadia. She rips off my duvet off the bed, throwing it to the floor.

I curl up into a ball on the bed, smiling to myself.

So much for 'flipping the BED over' Nadia...

Suddenly Nadia lifts the mattress and I tumble onto the floor.

"Argh!" I grimace.

I sit up and roll my right trouser leg up, examining my knee. It is extremely painful.

"Are you OK?" Nadia says.

"Oh? Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine." I say, quickly pulling my trouser leg back down as Nadia approaches.

There's no way I want her to remember my knee was never fully healed bkfrom the last time I hurt it. She'll only blab it to everyone

I lie down on the duvet.

"You're still not getting up?" Nadia sighs.

"Looks like I'll need to proceed with Phase 2." Nadia says and she leaves the room.

I shut my eyes tight.

Nadia comes back and I still do not open my eyes.

Suddenly I am soaked in ice cold water. I get up quickly.

"What the heck Nadia!" I say shivering.

"A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do."

"Why didn't you want to get up?" Nadia asks me.

I sigh.

"If it's about Mackenzie. Give it a rest. Maybe she just needs some time to..."

"Time? It's ridiculous. She broke up with me because I called her my friend." I say.

"You did?" Nadia asks.

"It was mistake OK!" I say. "It just slipped out!"

"Maybe it's just a sign." Nadia says.

"A sign." I ask puzzled. "A sign of what?"

"That you need to move on." Nadia says.

"What? I can't move on. I still really like her and I miss her too much."

"You never miss a girl until you let her go."

***

"You're still here?!" Nadia says disbelievingly.

She looks at me. I am lying on my bed in the same position I was in a couple of hours ago, focused on my computer screen.
I am engrossed in this episode of '13 Reasons Why'.