Babysitting

Grace's P.O.V

What the heck?! Johnny tells me to babysit but doesn't give me any instructions.

I scroll through my contacts. Who would know what to do?

My finger lingers on Mackenzie.

Yes! Mackenzie's good with children.

Hey Kenz! Need help. Urgent. Call me.

Around five seconds later Mackenzie calls me.

"What's wrong?" Mackenzie says.

"Well, I'm babysitting and I don't know what to do." I say.

"Who are you babysitting?" Kenzie asks.

"Johnny's cousins. I think their names are....Relly and Lakey?" I say, struggling to remember their names.

"Riley and Lacey." Kenzie says.

"Oh yeah! That's it." I say.
"What should I do first?"

"Well first of all make them some food, they must be hungry." Kenzie says.

"Ok." I say. "What should I make?"

"Well, when you're deciding what to make for kids you have to consider allergies." Kenzie says. "Are they allergic to anything?"

"I don't know because Johnny didn't tell me anything!"

"Ask the twins then." Kenzie says. "They should know."

"Ok." I say.

"Then make something." Kenzie says.

"Ok. Thanks. Bye." I say thankfully.

I climb up the stairs, into Riley and Lacey's bedroom.

The twins are up and about, swinging fake swords around the room. Music is playing at a deafening volume and their room is a disaster.

Nadia is sitting on the lower bunk, on her phone, oblivious to the mess the twins are making.

After Johnny had left, I had begged Nadia to stay and help me babysit. There was no way I would be able to babysit these tornadoes all by myself.

"Riley and Lacey!" I shout. "Look at the mess you've made!"

Riley and Lacey giggle.

"I tried to stop them but it was no use so I gave up." Nadia says, quickly shoving her phone in her pocket.

"I just came to ask you guys if you're allergic to anything!" I yell, struggling to be heard over the blaring music.

"No!" Riley shouts back.

"Okay, thanks." I say.

I stomp to Nadia, grab her by her shirt and drag her out with me.

"Oh and reduce the volume will you!" I yell, closing the door behind me.

***

Downstairs in the kitchen, Nadia and I debate what we should make for the kids' breakfast.

"How about cereal?" Nadia suggests "It's the easiest thing to make."

We take out two bowls from the cupboard and pour an equal amount of Coco Pops into each bowl. We pour milk into the bowls, place a spoon in each and put the bowls on the breakfast table.

"RILEY! LACEY! BREAKFAST IS READY!!!" Nadia screams up the stairs in her loudest voice.

Riley and Lacey come skipping into the kitchen. They freeze when they see the Coco Pops.