Ever After

Johnny's P.O.V

"Ah," I sigh as I open the hotel room door, "Maddie you're not going to believe it! Kenzie and I talked and we're getting back together isn't that great?"

I turn to see my father, his face like thunder, anger radiating from his body. He gets up abruptly when he sees me.

"JOHNNY VINCENT ORLANDO!" Dad shouts. What on earth are you doing here?! Care to explain how you ended up nearly halfway around the world?!"

"I....uh?" I start, not knowing how to explain to my father that I flew to America to apologize to my girlfriend.

"And you!" He turns to look at Maddie. "How could you let your brother do this?"

Maddie and I bow our heads in shame.

"Well?" Dad says, looking from me to Maddie.

After almost an hour of explaining and apologizing, Dad finally excepts our story and starts to see the romantic side to this adventure. Of course, we are grounded for 3 months.

"So did you get back together?" Dad asks much more calm now.

"Yeah," I say, and I tell him all about our reunion.

He chuckles when I tell him about Melissa and Maddie eavesdropping.

"Yeah that's very sweet! Just don't do it again!" Dad warns.

***
I walk down the street with my girlfriend, Mackenzie hand in hand.

"So I have to head back to Australia tomorrow but we only have a month left there then I'll be back!" I say.

"Mmm, then I guess we have to make this last day special." Kenzie whispers.

She turns to face me, the light from the streetlight lighting up her face.

"Yeah we do.." I say and lean down to kiss her gently.

"I love you" She whispers.

I love you too.