Revenge

"We've got to hit them hard," Maddie says.

"Do we really have to get revenge on them?" Lauren complains.

"Yes!" Maddie says.

"But they didn't even do anything that drastic." Lauren says.

"They tried to poison John." Maddie says. "How is that not drastic?"

"But I mean. What's the point of us getting into this 'war'?" Lauren asks.

"Revenge."

"Well you guys might want to do this, but I don't so count me out." Lauren says.

"Sorry, guys I agree with Lauren." Darian says.

"So you're saying that what they did was fine?" Maddie says.

"No." Darian says defensively. "I just think that starting a war isn't the best way to go."

"What Darian's trying to say is that, by staying away from this we protect ourselves from the twins." Lauren says.

"So basically, what you're trying to say is that you're scared of them." I say.

"I'm not scared of them." Lauren scoffs. "It's just the the way the twins work is, you leave them alone, they leave you alone. See everyone's happy. No one bothering anyone."

"Yeah, I'm not so sure about that." I say.

***

"So John, it's me and you." Maddie says to me. "What do you think we should do?"

"Dunno." I say.

"Maybe we could hide tarantulas in their beds!" Maddie says.

"Okay..." I say. "That's one way to do it."

"Ooh!" Maddie exclaims. "We could use poisonous snakes instead!"

"Okay...." I say. "I think you need to bring it down a notch."

"Uhh fine." Maddie sighs. "No tarantulas. No snakes."

"Why don't we just do something old school. Nothing too drastic." I suggest.

"You mean like the
Spray whipped cream in their hands while they are sleeping trick?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"We can do more than one prank can't we?" Maddie asks. "To get them back for all their traps?"

"I guess we could." I say.

"How many?"

"Dunno. I like the whipped cream one." I say.

"Yeah, me too. It could be a whole day of tricks! Prank after prank." Maddie say excitedly.

I kinda like the sound of that.

"Yes!" I say.

"Okay so the whipped cream one.."

"Ooh! We can put some tape on the nozzle of their sink, so when they go to wash their hands, the water'll spray in their faces." I add.

"Yes. That's good. We can set  their clock four or five hours ahead." Maddie says. "I heard from Aunt Becca that they have a play date with their friend tomorrow."

"Yeah. We can glue their deodorant closed..." I say.

"We can take their things and hide them."

"And, Torment them with their least favorite food." I say.