Ten

Alex POV

The next day everyone went back to normal classes. Debate class was really awkward. Peggy pulled me to her side protectively. Thomas looks at me desperately, I glare back. Any feelings I had at one point for this pain in the ass are gone. He stared at me for a minute and I realize I'm wearing a sweatshirt that used to be his.

"Mr. Washington, may I run to my room really quick? I forgot something." I blurt.

"Of course son." He says. I smile weakly and race out of the class. When I get to Laf, Herc, and my dorm I change into a sweater that John bought for me. It was red with a blue and gold kite embroidered on it and a dotted trail. The trail made a heart. I slip it on and race back to class, grabbing my laptop. Yes I had in fact forgotten it. When I step out I'm greeted by Angie. I bump into her and end up pinning her to the ground on accident. She blushes.

"S-sorry Alex." She says. Then she does something I would never expect. She leans up and kisses me. Part of me really needed it and leaned in, the other half wanted to pull away in disgust. My first half won.

Then I did something strange, I said "I love you."

A few hours later Angie and I held hand to lunch. Eliza was jumping everywhere saying how cute Angie was with me. We both blushed and face palmed.

"Your children will be so adorable my cinnamon rolls!" Eliza scream and does a freaking back flip.

"What the-" I begin.

"Don't question it. She's weird like that." Angie laughs.

"I won't. Love you, little bird." I say kissing her cheek.

"Love you too, Lex." Angie responds.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Alexander Hamilton. Tell me Hamilton, what kind of slut does it take to get together with someone directly after a bad breakup?" Jefferson asks putting his arm around my shoulder. My grip on Angie's hand tightens and I move my arm around her waist, where her other hand clasps mine.

"Your one to talk about being a slut, Jefferson." I shoot.

"Ooh, he misses. I know I'm a slut." Jefferson says with a smug grin, but his eyes give him away, showing off his sorrow.

"It takes a special kind of whore to cheat on their significant other while they're in the hospital." I jeer. "Ooh, I'll give an example. 'Baby girl I love you!' 'Thanks don't cheat on me while I've got amnesia boo.' 'I'm gonna go fuck your brother.'" I mock him.

After lunch I'm done with classes and go take a nap in a tree.

I grasp Angie's hand tightly. Our children play in the field around us. Liz and John.suddenly I see Thomas and another me. Children are with them. Philip and Ange. Me and Angie both wear wedding bands, but look tired. The other two people don't wear wedding bands but look happier. I realize this is the two paths I see myself going down. My brain plays what each life might be like. On the Thomas path we get married, adopt two children, and then get divorced because of something I did. It ends with me dueling Burr and losing. The Angelica path shows me a happy marriage until her father loses her job and we barely make enough to live. I get a job but neither of us are happy but our children need us. It ends with me being pushed off a building by Charles Lee. I get a falling feeling.

I am jolted awake by a sickening crack and crazy pain in my right leg. I'm on the ground.

"Oh god, Hamilton. What the hell did you do?" Jefferson teases.

"I think I broke my damn leg." I say.

"Does wittle bwaby hamiwtwon need me to cawwy him?"Jefferson taunts.