Eighteen

Alex POV

Seeing Thomas like that broke my heart into a million pieces. Like being punched repeatedly. Suddenly I look over to Austen and see his phone. An email from his boss. His face is covered in sorrow and horror.

"L-lex I have to move to Europe. F-for my job. You can come... or not." Austen says.

"What? Aus I- we just got here! I just can't move to Europe." I cry.

"Lex... if you don't come with me- I just don't do long distance well." Austen sobs. "I have to go in three days." My eyes widen.

"I-I have to go." I say trying not to cry. I sprint to Jefferson's dorm. When I get inside I begin bawling.

"Alexander? What's wrong?" Jefferson asks.

"Au-Austen has to m-move to Eu-Europe." I stammer. "And he h-has to br-break up with m-me f-for it." I wail.

"Shhh, shhhh. It'll be okay." He says cradling my head to his chest. Suddenly I kiss him roughly, barely gagging at the cigarette scent.

"I'm o-over it. I m-miss you." I stammer, almost lying to myself. The fluffy haired man kisses back with lots of force. "But if you ever smoke again I'm leaving your pathetic ass." I laugh. Thomas mumbles something about a promise. Then he grabs the cigarettes opens the door and hurls them as far as possible. Then the pack in his pocket, and the one in his bedroom.

"I'm gonna go take a shower and brush my teeth so I hopefully don't smell as revolting." Thomas says.

"Don't mind if I join you?" I waggle my eyebrows suggestively.

Two hours later.
Thomas POV
I run my fingers through Alexander's wet hair. A loud knock at the door jolts him awake. The short man jumps up to get.

"Austen?" He asks.

"Lex! Babe I've been looking for you for two hours!" Austen exclaims. I join Alex at the door. Austen seems to notice that either of us have soaked hair. "Alexander. I didn't know we were already broken up." Austen growls.

"Please go away, Austen." Alex mumbles.

"No, you deserve to feel what if feels like seeing you here having cheated on me." Austen tries to push past.

"Back the fuck up, bud. You heard what he said. And he already knows what it feels like." I hiss.

"Ah yes. You. The ass who cheated on him and made him run to Nevis to get away from you." Austen growls. My face drops. Rage courses through me and I punch him in the nose.

"Get away from Alexander or I'm gonna call the cops." I growl. Austen huffs and walks away. Alex starts doing something on his phone. "Whatcha doing?"

"Closing my law firm back on Nevis. Looking for an apartment." Alex sighs.

A couple days later I'm helping him move into an apartment. Washington had rushed him through the process, having personally known the landlord. It was a nice apartment with clean white walls and an open floor plan. The ceiling was tall for an apartment and the Master bedroom was on a loft. It was a few blocks from the college and my dorm.

"Okay! Now to paint the walls!" Peggy screams.

"Oooh, let's do red!" Maria screeches.

"I was thinking magenta." I butt in.

"How about baby blue?" Eliza asks.

"I like coral." Nessa says.

"Oooh! I like royal blue!" Lafayette shrieks.

"Or beige." Hercules says.

"I was thinking mint green with white triangles." Alex mutters. We begin laying painters tape in triangles and buy gallons of mint paint. We spend hours painting. When we're finished we begin unpacking the boxes. I help Alex set up his bedroom and the guest bedroom, directly under it. Peggy and Maria set up the living room. Vanessa and Eliza decorate the dining room. Lafayette and Hercules decorate the study. As we exit I see a familiar face. Angelica. I grab her wrist.

"Get o- hi Thomas." She yelps.

"Why are you here?" I ask worriedly.

"Charles said he was done using me and forced me to return to the US." She explains.

"You're coming with us to lunch." I order.

"No! No I can't. Everyone hates me." She cries.

"Explain what happened. To them." I say and drag her with us.

"Thomas would you like to explain why Angelica is here?" Eliza hisses.

"We don't like her. Noted." Vanessa says making everyone except me and Angelica burst into laughter.

"Ummm. Well I wasn't trying to hurt you guys, but Charles Lee threatened to kill all of you unless I did exactly what he said. He's really aggressive about making Alexander his property." She whimpers. Alex shudders at the mention of the strange man who had kidnapped him. Suddenly Peggy hugs Angelica.

"I'm so sorry." Angelica whimpers.

"Shhh. It's okay Angie. It's not your fault." Eliza coos her sister. Lafayette and Herc both get in on the hug. Alexander's grip on my hand tightens and I see he is crying.

"Let's s just get lunch, guys." Angelica mutters. We all pile into an Olive Garden. We eat and talk about the past six months and how crazy life got. It was good to be a whole again. James had moved, so that mad things harder for me.