Daddy Says So

Once home I ran upstairs to my room still in tears and shaking over what happened. I heard Pape call after me but I kept going. I seriously couldn't let him see me so upset.

London looked at Dem and Cole questionably. "What have you two done to her now?"

It was a known fact with Miri being the only girl in the family the boy's would tease her endlessly and rattle her nerves. Demarco just shrugged. London looked them over and saw blood on Dem's knuckles.

"Somebody better tell me what the fucks going on now".

Demarco gave a stupid, I have no clue look.

"Fuck it" Cole blurted out. "We caught Miri at the movies with a boy".

"No"London said. "Miri was at a study group. "Demarco is this so?"

"Sorry Pape, it's true"

"What was she doing with him?"

"It's her boyfriend" Cole spat. "We saw him in the parking lot to ummm"

"Ummm what Cole?"

"Well you know".

"No the fuck I don't".

Dem finally spoke up. "Damn Pape chill. He was trying to get laid but Cole and I handled it. He want be back around".

Laney walked in. "What's going on, all this yelling?"

London ignored her and took the stairs two at a time. "Miri get your fucking ass out here now".

Miri cracked her door open with tears in her eye's. "Yes Pape?"

"Downstairs now". London growled.
He sat Miri at the table.  "Have you been lying to me Miri?"

Miri glanced between her brother and Cole as if asking for help. She'd never experienced her Pape's wrath before.

"No need to look at them. They can't help you now babydoll. Are you seeing some boy? They've already told me so out with it".

Dem stood behind London shaking his head and pointed toward Cole indicating that it wasn't him that snitched.

"Really Cole" Miri screamed.

"He needs to know all the shit you been doing" Cole yelled back.

London slammed his fist on the table causing Miri to jump and cry harder.

"Please Pape, can't I just go to my room and rest. They broke his fingers right in front of me and I got sick and was so scared".

"Good" London said leaning down in her face. "I would have broke his neck right before I put a bullet in his head and still might".

"Pape please". Miri sobbed.

"You've got some questions to answer. How did you meet him?"

"Through Stacy"

"When?"

"A month ago"

"How?"

Miri swiped her snotty nose on her sleeve. Her stomach was doing flip flops from what she was about to tell him.

"The night I stayed  with Stacy we went to a party".

"Did you drink".

"Some" Miri stammered.

London bit the inside of his cheeks. "Calm down baby" Laney tried to soothe him.

"Has there been any study groups or school events at all?"