You Get What You Give

Laney

Til death do us part.

Well death very well might be coming for one of us, which one has yet to be determined.

The day London placed those chains on me and called me that forbidden word love did shit loads of damage. How can the person you love, the person who knows your inner most secrets, use what scares you the most against you? My trust in him was shattered with the first chain he clasped on me. As he connected the first link, I disconnected our bond.

This was a hurt to far to bare. The man I vowed to love no matter what, who I once trusted with my life used my darkest nightmare just to make me obedient. To make me comply with his law, to control me.

London knows I've never been one to be controlled. In fact that was one of the things that drew him to me in the first place. However I never disrespected him or argue with him in front of his men. I always confronted him behind closed doors. I loved him fiercely and without doubt. I stood behind him even if I disagreed. I gave him everything he wanted and more. I was a good wife to him up until now. All of this simply because I had my own mind, thoughts, and opinions. I would not be a clam, sealed off from the world.

I've remained his obedient lap dog for the past few weeks now. Only talking when spoke to,  remaining composed at any function we attend, and letting him use my body when he wants. My body only, my heart and mind isn't apart of our bedroom acts anymore. I just lay there and wait until he's done. Afterwards I just roll over a fake sleep. He hates the fact I no longer participate in the mattress tango, I can see it in his eye's even if he want say it. Occasionally he encourages me to take the reins over but I don't, I remain his obedient wife. He wanted this, he got it.

Don't be fooled by me though, I'm still Laney Valor underneath. I'm always one step ahead with many backup plans. I've rigged the camera system throughout the apartment building to replay a ten minute run while I go out and about making my plans. If London checks on me he'll just see a old video of me on my laptop working or on my lounge reading, when in fact I'm not there.

The first thing I handled was the men that helped London chain me. I hired a few amateurs from the Latin community to do my dirty work. I'll never forget the look on London's face when he got the call. We was having a silent dinner at home when his phone buzzed.

"What Conner?"

"Two of our men have been pulled from the Hudson".

"Who?"

"Luca and Mario. Chains had been wrapped around their bodies. I mean almost a hundred pounds of chains. They were tossed in alive and drowned".

"I'll call you back Conner".

London looked at me skeptically as I sat as usual eating my meal. "You need to tell me anything babydoll".

Shrugging my shoulders I replied in my new normal tone. "No, just been my usual day. Got up, got ready, worked a bit, then cooked this meal".

I almost wanted to smile as he examined his plate. Bet the fuckers wondering if I poisoned his food. Pushing it away he spoke.

"The men that helped me were found in the Hudson apparently wrapped in chains".

Giving my most sympathetic look and voice I said "Oh that's so tragic, bless their hearts. I hope it doesn't hurt your business. Maybe the Russians?"

"No, this doesn't sound like them. They would have went for my more important men".

I continued my meal as he went to watch the surveillance videos. He walked back in looking at me as I chewed.

"Laney be honest with me".