III. Like We Used To

VICE

Rays of the sun hitting the window that made it more shiny as it hit my face that woke me up. And then, I felt this warm air blowing on my neck and this heavy feeling against my body.

It's her.

Peacefully sleeping beside me, with her arms wrapped around my tummy and her head resting upon my arms and buried against my neck. I can still hear her snoring, she's really fast asleep.

So beautiful. I can assure that I don't deserve her but she made me feel that I do. If I could just get the moon for her, I would. I'll really do. She's more than what I wished for. Yung hindi niya ako ikinahiya, at tinanggap niya kung ano man ako.

Maya-maya pa, narinig ko na siyang umungol, at idinilat niya ang kanyang kanang mata, habang ako ay nakangiti at nakatitig lang sa kanya. Masilaw kasi eh, kaya hindi niya maimulat yung mga mata niya.

"Good morning." I greeted her and gave her a quick peck on her lips.

"Good morning, too." she said with her 'bagong-gising' voice while wearing this coy smile. The view that I most love.

"Still sleepy, huh?" I asked her with some chuckle as I tuck some strands of her loose hair behind her ears. There! Mas nakita ko pa ang kagandahan niya.

"Yeaaah." she answered and buried her face against my neck, deeper. And, it made me giggle, nakikiliti ako eh. I checked my phone, para tingnan yung oras, pero napatigil muna ako dahil sa wallpaper ko. It was the both of us. She was kissing my cheeks and I was just smiling like a kid. Oh? I forgot, yung oras pala ang pakay ko.

"Love, may Showtime pa tayo. Alas nuebe na oh?" at binalik ko ang cellphone ko sa bedside table.

"Five minutes." she yawned at muling ginawang unan ang braso ko kasabay ng mariing pagpikit ng kanyang mga mata. Gusto pa talagang matulog. Pinabayaan ko nalang at muli kong mataman na tinitigan ang mala-anghel niyang mukha. Mula sa kanyang mata, ilong, at mapupulang labi.

I hope that he is doing this, like I used to.

"Vicey my love! I miss you!" she shouted from the other line. My eardrum hurts but still, I find her voice cute, and I miss it. I miss her.

"I miss you too, Love." I answered as I lay down on this hotel bed. Nandito kasi ako ngayon sa Bulacan para sa isang mall show. Na may kalayuan din sa condo naming dalawa. Yep! Were staying in one roof.

"Umuwi ka na, please." I can feel that she's having this frowning face and those puppy eyes.

"I'll be home tomorrow, love. Kaya wag ka nang malungkot." I said with my happy, excited and assuring tone on my Vice.

"Talaga? Hindi nalang yung unan mo ang kayakap ko bukas? Tapos magmo-movie marathon tayo ah!" and there she goes again, her soft and childish traits again. So cute.

"We'll do everything that you like, Kumander." I answered as if I was a soldier reporting for duty.

I hope that he has done this more than I used to.

"Are you even serious Vice?! Diba nga nagplano na tayo para sa Wednesday, tapos nagleave na tayo for two days?! Tapos ica-cancel mo lang? Yun na nga lang yung time na magkakasama tayo. Tapos nagleave ka pa ng isang buwan?! Vi---"

"Ginawa ko yun para mas mahaba ang oras ng pagsasama natin." I answered her with my smile na ikinainis naman niya.

"Ginawa mo para nagkasama tayo? Eh dapat nga magsasama tayo ngayong Wednesday tapos kinancel mo. Tapos aalis k---"