Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven (Zaid's POV)

"Wait until we get home, Zaid. It's going to be so much more comfortable than this crummy trailer. I'd give you your own room, but... Well, let's just say that the room we're going to share is big enough for you to wander around in."

Jack had been rambling like this for hours.

I was just thankful he removed me from the cage, but I ended up regretting it because now he was holding me against his naked body as he lay sprawled on the bed, smoking a cigarette. I had mostly adjusted to the heavy haze of smoke in the air. My chest felt tight and my head ached, my throat burned from all the exposure.

And the drugs in my system didn't help.

My arms were dotted with red dots where he inserted needles to inject drugs and take blood. I didn't understand why he was taking so much blood from me. Was it to make me weak or was he really testing it?

I couldn't even open my mouth to ask. I felt like I was in some kind of horror movie. I could see, feel, hear, smell, taste everything around me, but I couldn't move my body. It felt so heavy, so weak. I hardly felt motivated to move at all as I lay with my head against Jack's shoulder.

"Mmm," Jack hummed as he breathed in a cloud of smoke, blowing it down on me and making me shudder, "I wonder what's taking those idiots so long to get back here. When I said celebrate, I didn't mean stay out past curfew. Then again, it gives us more time to be alone." A wicked smile crossed Jack's face as he ran his fingers through my hair, then gave my head a jerk, making me gasp weakly as he tipped my head back.

He took a drag off the cigarette before connecting our mouths. My eyes watered, my throat stinging as he clamped his mouth over mine, breathing the smoke into my mouth, down my throat, and into my lungs.

I choked and coughed in his mouth. He made a face, but smirked anyway, stroking my cheek with his thumb as I coughed ad gagged, my whole body shaking. Jack put his arm around my shoulders, jerking me close as he nuzzled me.

"You're so precious, Zaid. I know there's something about you that no one else knows of... Your blood is rich with power. Even when your body is weak and defenseless, your eyes glare at me like you want to rip my throat open, but don't worry. You'll come around. I'll give you everything you want." He explained smoothly, smashing his cigarette out and rolling over to pull me flush against his naked body.

I cringed as his body touched my bare skin, his hands running up and down my back as he hummed that demented lullaby. He kept singing it over and over again that now, it was starting to get stuck in my head.

"I don't think I've ever been happy in my whole life," Jack breathed suddenly, resting his head against mine, closing his eyes blissfully, "I know you're my mate. I've never felt like this toward any of my pets before... I just want to hold you all night, Zaid." His hand drifted down my side, giving me goose bumps before he rested it on my thigh.

My eyes flashed and I tried to move my arm to push him away, but he just reached up and snatched my wrist. In two seconds flat, Jack had me pinned underneath him, my hands thrust over my head as he hovered over me, his eyes like daggers.

"Do you want your drugs that badly, Zaid? You shouldn't be addicted already. If you want them so badly, beg for them." He sneered. I didn't say anything, just tilted my head away from him. Jack smirked, then laughed softly as he let go of my wrists. They didn't really move anyway, just rested above my head. I was too tired to move them.

"You're so cute when you refuse me." He teased, then leaned down, stroking my cheek as his lips brushed mine. I tried to purse my lips, but he used his thumb to pull my lower lip down. His tongue invaded my mouth hotly, sliding over mine and making my body burn.