Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen (Scythe's POV)

I winced, looking at Zaid, who was staring at his pack with a look of shock and confusion.

He didn't understand why everyone was so angry by this. He didn't understand that Nyt was regretting his decision to steal Zaid. He didn't know his mother was infertile. He didn't know that he was his pack's last chance at expanding.

Or so they thought.

"Zaid." I stated. He looked at me, confused.

"I don't understand..."

"I'll get you some tea." I said, then walked over and took him by the arm, leading him to the kitchen and away from the accusing eyes of our packs. I knew mine was angry that I had mated without telling anyone. It wasn't so much who it was or why, it was the lie I kept up. I shut the door behind me and Zaid tore his arm away from me, whirling around to glare at me.

"Scythe, what's going on? Why are you accusing my father of being a liar? Why did you tell them? Why couldn't you just keep it a secret? My pack already resented me for being weak, I don't need them hating me for making a mistake!" He snapped.

"I'm a mistake?" I demanded. Zaid looked like I had slapped him.

"N-No, I mean... I didn't mean it like that." He managed. I sighed, running a hand through my hair in frustration, tilting my head back before I looked at Zaid, who was looking rather shamefaced.

"They found out before now, Zaid. They knew I had chosen you before we went to rescue you. My reason for rescuing you is because I love you. You're my mate, I know you are." I stated. Zaid looked at the floor embarrassed. I stepped up to him, placing a finger under his chin to lift his head so we were looking at each other. I slid my hand along his cheek, cupping his face.

"Your pack can't do anything, neither can mine. I love you, Zaid Kallas. You are my mate and you always will be." I murmured. Zaid shivered and I leaned down, our lips connecting. I held his face as I parted my lips against his, my teeth scraping his lip as my tongue slid against his. He moaned softly, taking a step back, but I just followed him until he was against the wall.

I slid my hand through his hair, gripping it gently as my other hand trailed down his chest to the waistband of his pants, then around to cup his ass in the leather pants. I growled at the feel of the tight material over his skin, my lips moving against his hungrily. My body ached for more of him.

He'd been gone too long. I couldn't be seperated from him anymore.

Zaid was mine.

We parted for a moment to catch our breathes. Zaid panted, staring up into my eyes with half-lidded aqua eyes before I claimed his lips again. I felt desperate to be inside him. I needed him. I placed my hands on his hips, grinding mine against his. He moaned into my mouth, his cheeks flushed with passion and his eyes dark with lust.

I sucked on his tongue, pulling one of his legs along my hip, relishing at the feel of it tensing around me. I stroked his thigh, fingers spreading against the tight leather. Zaid hiked his other leg until I was holding him up against the wall, his legs wrapped around me. His hips pressed against mine hotly, his breath coming out in short pants.

"You're mine, Zaid." I murmured before biting down on his lower lip. Zaid moaned, his body arching against mine.

Despite the fact that I really did need Zaid, part of me was feeling guilty. I had avoided his question because he was suspicious. I shouldn't have let my temper get the best of me. Accusing Nyt of being a liar and peaked Zaid's suspicions and he was bound to keep asking questions.