#7

"We're going skinny dipping." Natsu bluntly states, removing his t-shirt and revealing his toned abs.

I immediately cover my eyes with my hands, looking down to make sure.

"Shit! Natsu, cover yourself now." I demand, still not removing my hands. 

I could hear his chuckle as he approaches me, his footsteps rustling against the fallen leaves. I felt his hands grip my wrist gently, urging me to remove them.

"Hey, I'm not naked... yet. But if I am, I'm probably under water and it's dark, don't worry." I sigh and remove them, looking up at his eyes immediately and ignoring the fact that I wanted to touch his abs.

"See? Now go strip behind a tree or something, I'll get in the water." I nod at his command, scurrying behind the tree.

Once I was behind a tree, I leaned my back against it, my heart pumping loudly against my chest as I breathe heavily.

"Nothing's gonna happen... We're just going to swim and that's it..." I whisper to myself and began slipping out of my clothes from top to bottom.

I contemplate on removing my undies but it's called skinny dipping in the first place so I have to go out butt naked.

I felt reluctant and hesitant but in the end, I removed them, leaving me completely uncovered and exposed. I yell out, "You better turn around, don't look!"

"Aw..." I roll my eyes at his childishly reaction and peeked beside the tree to see if he was still facing me.

He kept his word, his back facing me. 

I immediately tip toe my way to the lake and got in the water, submerging my whole body under water till it reached just below my collarbone.

"Alright... I'm submerged totally." I quietly call out and he spins around to look at me.

His lips form into a smile, probably laughing internally at my state.

"I know, I know... I look weird like this but I'm not used to being... naked with anyone around, if you get my point..." I trail off, looking down at the water as I blush.

I pray he doesn't see my red tomato cheeks as I knew he would make fun of me. I feel the water ripple towards me and light splashes approaching.

I could feel his presence as he stopped in front of me. I sucked in breath and bit my lip.

"Hey..." he softly calls out.

I look up into his eyes though it was dark, I could feel him staring right at me and I felt conscious.

His hand rises above water, droplets dripping, creating ripples. It makes its way to my shoulder and I shiver from contact. His hand was wet and it dripped from my shoulder and back down to the water.

He doesn't retract his hand, traveling up to my neck and resting on my cheek, cupping it.

"Is it wrong to say that you're beautiful?" he whispers and I couldn't say anything.

I never expected him to say that. Honestly? I thought he would dunk my head down like the crazy person he is.

"Is it wrong that I actually want to kiss you?" 

Then kiss me!

Hey subconsciousness, are you serious?

Hell yeah, don't deny the fact that you felt this strange attraction to him when you first met him you know?

True... But-

Kiss him, dummy!

Without hesitation, my hand grabs the nape of his neck and pull him forward as I tiptoe, closing the distance between us.

He tenses at sudden contact but was able to cope up quickly, kissing me back. His hand slips down to the small of my back, pulling me closer till our chests touch. 

I immediately jerk back, covering my chest with my arms. 

"I-uh, I-" 

He cuts me off with a chuckle, placing both hands on my shoulders to calm me down.

"It's alright.. Chill." 

With that, a quick smirk forms on his lips and he pushes me down, plunging me into the water that I forgot to hold my breath. He let go and I pushed myself up, spitting out the water that I had inhaled and glared at him.

"You f>cker..." He immediately swims away as he quick as he could, still laughing as I swam after him. 

"Better be scared, Natsu! I was part of the swimming varsity back in the old days!" I yelled, doing the butterfly as it was the only one that made me swim the quickest.

He wasn't that far and I immediately caught up, grabbing his ankle and pulling him towards me. 

"Shit!" he screamed before his face was submerged into water and back up.

"Serves you right, dummy." I smirked, pushing away the damp strands off of my face.

He quickly turns to face me and tackles me in water, submerging us both and me able to hold my breath just in time. 

That didn't matter as much considering I ended up laughing out the air I held in. I was glad it was dark and he couldn't see my body. As I look at Natsu who hovered over me for a moment, he was covered in a dark shadow and only his pink spikes was visible due to the moonlight. He pulls us both up again, taking in the fresh air.

"Man, that was good..." he chuckles, running a hand through his now wet hair that feel across his forehead, like a new hairstyle and I was definitely not use to it.

"Your hair..." I reach out and made an attempt to make it spiky and it surprisingly did. Deciding to make fun of his hair, I gather it towards the middle, making it into mohawk.

I giggle unknowingly, "You like a gangster now." I innocently smile as I pull my hands back to my sides.

He rolls his eyes at me like a child and ruffled his hair, making it messy.

We were left into a comfortable silence, just looking into each other's eyes that spoke millions of words that only we ourselves could voice out. He creased his eyebrows, as if he was worried about something. 

Wordlessly, he nears me in a second, slips his hand to the small of my back and pulled me close. Instinctively, I place both hands on his chest so there was space between us. I was still uncomfortable if ever our chests were against each other.

"N-Natsu?" I squeaked out, not use to the proximity between us.

His eyes spoke for me and I knew what was gonna happen next. 

He dips lowly and captures my lips in his, pulling me closer. 

i know my chappies are much shorter but it allows me to make much more chapters. i'm so sorry about that.

<3,

-k.d.