Chapter Twelve

"I think you have something to tell me, don't you?" Angela is grinning at me, her eyebrows slightly raised as she stands beside me as I am busily changing one of the Egyptian displays.

Smirking, I reply with outward composure—impressive outward composure. "Such as?" I cheerfully ask, my smirk still clinging to my lips.

Angela sighs, getting totally frustrated with me. "You. Rex. Together." She bluntly explains with a big roll to both of her eyes.

Glancing in her direction before looking away with a smile that no longer wishes to be suppressed, I pretend it's not such a big deal. "Ah, that!"

"Ah that?" Angela's frown deepens, adjusting where she stands in order to be able to look me directly in the eyes. "Is that all you have to say? Ah, that!" She's sarcastically mimicking me now, her face all screwed up with annoyed sarcasm.

Closing the glass display unit, I turn my body towards her. "Rex and I....we are now......" I just stop, needing to calm the light and giddy excitement that's now flooding my elated veins. My smile quickly returns, taking its rightful place upon my mouth. "We are now, together!" The word 'together' comes out like a happy song as I playfully bump shoulders with Angela.

She grabs hold of them, squeezing them as her excited feet drum against the floor like an elated child. "I know! He called Aidan early this morning and told him all about it. I'm so happy for you! For the both of you!" The foot drumming continues and I find my own feet joining in with the celebratory sole dance. "So what now? Will he move here? Or will you move to London?" Angela hauls question after question at me, questions that I am thoroughly unable to answer.

"I don't know, it's early days." I shrug, my excited energy now very much beginning to leave me.

Picking up on my hesitation, Angela squeezes my shoulders with warm affection. "Forgive me, Angel. I'm just a little overexcited about it all. Rex has been through so much, I am just incredibly happy for him...and for you." Her friendly fingers squeeze me again, squeezing for the sweetest of reassurance.

Thoughts of Rex, soon return my smile to me. "I know you are, Angela. I may not know what's around the corner for Rex and I, but I do know how happy I feel. We both just need to spend some quality time together, getting to know one another again."

Angela agrees, beaming from ear to ear. "And you will."

"So what did Rex say to Aidan, then?" My bright eyes widen, inwardly I'm a little embarrassed that I am even asking, but I'm asking anyway!

"Oh, something along the lines of being back with the only woman he has ever truly loved." She lightly replies with a slowly beaming face.

A warmth radiates through me as I revisit the last memory of being with Rex. "I am so lucky, Angela. To have him back in my life is something I can't even explain."

"Your smile explains it very well indeed."

Happily sighing, I nod. "I'll be wearing this smile forever now." I shyly admit, that infamous smile of mine gloriously showing itself off.

"I have no doubt you will, Angel. Rex is a wonderful man, he really is." Angela looks at me, a fresh seriousness to her voice. "Try to forget about all that's happened before. You're together now, enjoy it."

"How does Aidan feel about us being together?" I ask, wondering whether it bothers him on account of how much he cares for his oldest friend. I know I can't change any of the past, but I want everyone to know how seriously I am taking our future.