Chapter Twenty

Rex...

Nooooooooo! No, this can't be happening! Shit, no! No! No! No! Not my Angel, please not my Angel!

With unrepentant fury and dangerous strength, the need to hurt my father is all that navigates me. Dragging him off Angel, I brutally throw him through the air. He slams against the dresser, sliding down against it in a startled daze. The will to kill him is now all I can think about, but glancing down at a lifeless Angel, makes the need to help her so much stronger. Checking that my father is remaining safely away from her, I rush to Angel's motionless and face down body. Waves of painful nausea actually rip through me as I shakily place my hand on her back.

I'm afraid.

I'm afraid to touch her.

I'm afraid to move her.

With fear pumping around my body, I pull my mobile from out of my back pocket and dial 999 with my trembling fingers.

"999, which emergency service do you need?" An operator soon asks.

Stroking Angel's back, I quickly reply. "I need an ambulance and the police, my fiancée has been attacked by my father." My desperate eyes despicably slide across to him, where he is groggily still in a pathetic heap beside the dresser.

"Is your fiancée breathing?"

The operators question drags my murderous stare away from my father, to focus only on Angel. Leaning right over her, I can see that she is breathing, but it's slow and irregular. I am trained in advanced first aid, so I know her breathing isn't a good sign. "She is, but it's slow and irregular." I nervously state, now reaching for her bloodied wrist to check her pulse. Oh God, it's so weak. "Please hurry!" My calm composure is slipping away from me fast. All my first aid skills seem desperately lost on me. I just keep looking down at Angel, praying that she will make it.

"Do you have an address?"

The operators next question completely throws me. I just can't think straight, right now. Angel's address, that seems desperately lost on me too. Anxiously rubbing my cheek, I angrily try to remember her address. "Um, it's Cherry Lane, Larkhall, Bath." What's the fucking number, Rex? Think! Just fucking think! The more I seem to think, the more my mind goes hopelessly blank. "Uh, I think it might be 17 Cherry Lane?" I keep frantically thinking. "Yeah, I think it's number 17." Saying it again, confirms it to myself that I do have the right house number. "Just please hurry." Stroking Angel, just needing her to know that I am still with her, I feel myself becoming alarmingly overwhelmed with what has happened to her. The woman I love, has been brutally attacked by my own flesh and blood. The man who helped bring me into this world, has just tried taking the love of my life from out of mine. "You need to hurry with the police as well, I think my father intends on hurting me too. Please hurry." I lie to the operator, pretending to sound scared as I lay the deceitful foundation for the plan that fiercely rages inside of my head as I firmly focus on my disgusting excuse for a father. "Are they on their way?" I quietly enquire with my predatory eyes still fixed only on him.

"Both emergency services are now on their way." The operator quickly tells me.

"Thank you." Then I hang up and slowly stand with a dangerous calmness now flowing inside of me. I can't leave things just as they are. Help is on its way for Angel, so I need to quickly finish things with my father before that help arrives. Without saying a word and without really thinking things through, I am striding towards the object of my vengeance and furiously lifting him up and dragging him across the bedroom floor. Holding his contorted face, I force my father to look at Angel. "I want you to look at what you've done." Holding him still and speaking through savage, clenched teeth, I say what needs to be said. "For what you've just done, you are going to pay." Throwing him in the doorway, I then pin him down hard to the floor. The first punch, I am very much aware of. All the others, I am not. My released rage had me firmly in its formidable and powerful grip. The more I punched my father, the more fuel for my fury I had. Over and over, my vengeful fist smashed down into his disgusting face. I wanted to obliterate every bone within that face of his whilst feeding my fury's insatiable hunger.