Chapter Fourteen

As predicted, the afternoon at work did insufferably drag. I suppose it did because this is actually the first time, after a busy day at work, I know that Rex is going to be waiting for me when I get home. Usually he arrives, when I am already there. So this evening, I feel especially excited. I haven't mentioned it to him before, because I don't want to embarrass him, but I have noticed on a couple of occasions when he's been to my place without me being there. Which is absolutely fine by me. It kind of makes me feel less embarrassed about the need to sometimes be at his place, even when I know he is not going to be there. It makes me feel less insecure and needy, knowing that there are times that he also needs to be surrounded by me. It's just little things that I have noticed, mainly in my bedroom. My nightclothes being put back under the wrong pillow. My duvet not as neat as when I left it. Ornaments slightly moved. My toothbrush and towels placed differently. Silly little things that only I would notice because I am such a neat freak.

If I do happen to notice something, I'll just smile. Knowing that he's been there whilst I haven't. It's kind of pathetically sweet, isn't it? Both of us needing to be somewhere that the other can't be. It's that yearning kind of love. Sustaining that yearning by being in our lovers home, even when they are not. But for now, I need not yearn for anything. For now, Rex is waiting for me. He doesn't need to touch my nightclothes, my duvet, ornaments, toothbrush and towels. Tonight, he can touch me.

"Have you had a good afternoon?" Rex asks as he carefully removes my coat from off my shifting shoulders.

"Great thanks." I cheerfully say, turning around to eagerly cuddle him.

Rex holds me close, relaxed and warm. "There's a casserole in the oven and a bubble bath waiting for you."

I suddenly notice my small rustic table, beautifully decorated and ready for dinner...with yellow tulips in one of my country vases. "Oh, Rex! You got me my favourite tulips! And the table, it looks so gorgeous!" I walk with elation towards it, clasping my hands together. "I can't believe you've done all this for me. All this spoiling will make me not want you to ever leave." I turn to him, who is now standing closely behind me.

Rex appears to want to say something, only he doesn't. "Your bath is waiting." Are the only words to fall from his relaxed mouth, that and one of his gorgeously soft smirks.

Draping my arms around the back of his neck, I smirk the hell back. "Will my bubble bath have a tall, dark and handsome hottie in it?"

Placing his hands on my slightly swaying hips, Rex grins with a raised brow. "I suppose that could be arranged." Then he effortlessly sweeps me up in his thick arms and carries me up the stairs with a roguish glint in his green eyes.

With me still in his arms, I am carried into my seductive looking bathroom. Candles are beautifully lit in every corner and on the windowsill. "This looks very romantic." I coo, glancing down at the bath that looks so very inviting with its many white and glistening bubbles.

Rex lovingly places me down on the floor, beginning to undress me with his slow and thoughtful fingers. "Let's get romantic." He covetously says, ridding my body of the silk shirt that I had just been wearing. Next, it's my skirt that is to get his fanciful fingers all over it. Unzipping it slowly at the side, he seems pleased that it falls down by my feet in a cotton heap. Kneeling down, he caresses my legs as I step out of the crumpled circle around by my ankles. "Your body was always something I used to enjoy touching." The tips of his fingers lightly travel back up the inside of my legs, to my stomach and stopping on my collar bone. "You feel so good, Angel." His eyes are locked on mine as he admiringly caresses my cleavage. "So good." The contact of his velvety lips upon my aroused neck, causes me to moan to his delicate touch. As his featherlight lips brush across my skin, I close my eyes with the bliss of it all. "I never want to miss touching your body ever again." Removing my bra, he tosses it somewhere in a shadowed corner of the candlelit bathroom. "Not ever." With him eagerly pulling down my knickers, I step out of them and jump into his arms as I kick off my work heels with a soft giggle. Back in his strong arms, Rex lowers me into the bath. He watches me with adoration as my body sinks down beneath the bubbles, while he slowly undresses. He does it slowly, because he wants to stare at me a little while longer. For me, I am silently enjoying watching him undress. I enjoy looking at his muscular body in it's natural and naked state. It's pleasing to my smouldering eyes. Every compelling inch of him is powerfully defined and durable. His shoulders are heavy. His stomach is tight and his legs are tremendously robust. With a flirty smile, I hold out my dripping wet fingers to him. I want his heavy, tight and robust body next to mine in this steamy warm bath. I want it now. Sitting down behind me, the water level rises at the same time as my pulse does. Pulling me against him, Rex cuddles me between his firm legs. "Comfy?" He asks with a whisper.