I'll miss you

"Who the hell are you? How do you know my name?" She wanted to run. Faster than she could go. She knew she could if she need to. She looked back, and it was a girl covered from head to toe in black. 

"Y/n it has been a while hasn't it. You probably don't even know who I am. That's okay. I'm used to it by now. My name is Marlene. Me and you had Transfiguration together? Never mind."

"Marlene-, huph. I think I remember you." She was pretty stumped. She barely remembered her, and she felt really bad.

"Sorry, I have to go. Where are you heading? Hogwarts too I assume." She needed to go. Y/n had so many questions. Why was she looking for her? How could she remember her? She ran away toward Hogwarts.

============

She ran into the great hall. It was around 5 so she knew they would all be having dinner. No one looked at her. Y/n slipped into the room and looked around the Gryffindor table. There she could see Sirius, James, Remus and Peter sitting there and laughing. She ran. Faster than she had ever ran before. Faster than she would have ran when she saw Marlene. When she got there she smiled. Her first genuine smile in a long, long time. 

"Hello boys." She said behind their backs.

They all swung around, hearing Y/n's voice. Sirius looked wide eyed and looked around the room to the Slytherin table. He darted his eyes back at Y/n. It had been to long. He couldn't remember what she sounded like until then.

"Y/n, Y/n it's you. I - where- were you? How are you? You okay? Sit down." Sirius looked around. Girls at the Slytherin table gasped as she sat down next to him. She got a few things on her plate and went to hug James and Remus. They were all in seventh year, they all looked so grown up. It was only 5 months, but that is awhile. 

"I missed you guys so much." 

"We missed you too Y/n. We all really did." James had a tear in his eye and Lily came kissing him on the cheek looked at Y/n and hugged her.

"These boys really need ya Y/n. They really do." Lily smiled and sat down next to Y/n and started having a light conversation.

"So, you and Lily finally got together?" Y/n laughed looking at James. He snickered his eyes still a bit red and said

"Oh yeah. We did about 2 months after you left." He slightly muttered.

"Y/n. I really missed you. Don't ever do that again." He kissed her and looked at her as Y/n blushed. Slytherin girls continued as he did so. Marlene was sitting down turning as red as a tomato. 

"Whats up with Marlene?" Y/n asked. The table and most of the Great Hall got silent except for the whispers of some students.

"Y/n I thought you- you were gone. Forever. I didn't know. You never wrote back. I'm sorry." His head hanging. Marlene stood up.

"Sirius is my boyfriend, y'know. What are you stupid or something? I'm the popular girl now, not you." She sneered. Y/n stared at the wall. He didn't feel the way she felt anymore. He loved some new girl. Someone he never noticed, if she hadn't of left. Her heartbreak was her fault. 

"Thanks for telling me now. I'm going to go to the common room. If anyone needs me, which I find is unnecessary. Cause I'm not popular anymore, or whatever." She mumbled. She started walking out of the room, when the room started getting loud again. 

"Baby, don't ever do that to me again will you. I don't want to ruin my reputation." Marlene sat on Sirius's lap. Sirius looked at Y/n and sighed trying to get Marlene off of him.

"I need to go. I'll be back." He pushed her aside and ran after Y/n. 

======

"Y/n please. I'll leave Marlene. It wasn't a big deal. I promise. Y/n please."

"How long was it."

"7 months." 

"What do you mean seven months."

"I've been dating her for seven months."

"I was only gone for five." 

"I know."

He cheated on her too. She couldn't go back to that. She knew the truth now.

"Why?"

"Did I go with Marlene? I told you I thought you were gone forever."

"No. You were with her for 2 months before I left."

"I--, I don't. I." He closed his mouth and waited for something to happen. Y/n wanted to cry. She wanted to let everything go but she couldn't. Not yet anyway.

"Bye Sirius Black. I sure did love you." She kissed him one last time and went to her dorm.

====================

That night she went into the girls dorm with her room and softly said to everyone except one. Lily.

"Obliviate." 

She wanted Lily to remember her. She didn't want to be forgotten by everyone. She wrote a note to Lily telling her she oblivated everybody's memories of Y/n, if any. Lily would understand a little bit more than anyone else.

She went into all the common rooms and the dorm rooms and oblivated everyone. Including Sirius, James, Remus and Peter. All the teachers. She didn't want The Marauders to suffer Y/n's absence. She knew that Sirius would be broken and she didn't want that.

She slipped away from Hogwarts and went to her parents house. Once she oblivated them, she whispered to the world 

"I'll miss you." And became a runaway.