Preparation.

Last time on Dragonball X Okaro returned from Batmos to find Sareth had been speaking with Sitsi. What's next for Okaro? How does Sareth feel about all of this? Find out in this chapter of Dragonball X!

"So now we're just stuck in the middle of all of this?" Sareth asked, her hands pressed against each of her temples.

"You don't have to be stuck in anything Sareth. If you want out you're free to go." Okaro said, moving his seat closer to Sareth so he could feel more comfortable talking about all of this.

Sareth dropped her hands onto the table and smiled at Okaro, "You know I'm not going anywhere Okaro. My home's wherever you are."

"But don't you get it Sareth? Sure, maybe everything will be fine this time. However, a life around me will only be one of constant danger." Okaro looked down at his hands on the table, trying to hide the fear he had of losing someone else.

"Okaro," Sareth reached a hand over and grasped his shoulder, "I've been living that life for the last two years, I wouldn't trade it for anything."

"I don't know, before when we were simply doing simple tasks I had more control. I could handle whatever was being thrown at me, I'm not sure this time. And I don't want you getting caught in the middle of all this." Okaro reached for Sareth's hand that had grasped his arm and look her in the eyes. Revealing the hurt that he held back most of the time.

"Well let me tell you something. I'm not going anywhere whether you want me to or not. I am going to be here supporting you every step of the way, no matter the danger, no matter the risk." Sareth scooted her seat and pulled Okaro into a hug, which Okaro accepted the embrace and wrapped his arms around Sareth's lower back.

There was a long moment of silence, giving Okaro time to think. He still couldn't get the image of what could come of this out of his mind. "I know you mean all of that, but Sareth I still don't feel like you realize just how mu-"

Sareth broke the hug and placed a finger over Okaro's lips to stop him from speaking. "Okaro, you saved me. Who knows where I would've ended up, especially when I was with that mad man. I am forever in your debt."

Okaro slowly pulled Sareth's hand away from his face, "Sareth, you don't owe me anything."

Sareth giggled and pulled on Okaro's shirt with both hands resting her head against the top of his chest. "I know, I know."

Okaro rested his chin on the tip of Sareth's head and laid his hands on her back. "And I wouldn't say you aren't with a mad man." He chuckled at his own joke.

"Okaro?"

"Yes." Okaro pulled away from Sareth to meet her eyes. Who was smirking up at him.

"What do you by with?"

"Oh, um..."

...

Sal Sr. walked into his living room and sat down on the couch, giving a long exhale after a long and exhausting day.

Knock knock

"You've got to be kidding me." Sal Sr. said under his breath. After a second series of knocks he finally got to his feet and made his way to the door. "Who is it?"

A muffled 'it's me' came from the other side. Sal Sr. unfastened a few locks on the door and opened it to reveal his son, Sal. "Come in."

Sal silently walked through the open doorway and straight for the living room, standing in front of the fireplace located opposite the couch. "Why the rush?" Sal Sr. asked while taking a seat back on the couch.