therapy

hey guys! just a reminder to add suggestions and requests that i can try!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
*mendels pov*

be a psychiatrist they said.
itll be fun they said.
i cant take it anymore. i need a psychiatrist for myself. thats right, another person to listen to your feelings when you are perfectly capable and qualified of doing it yourself. what a world we live in.
"so, dorothy, whats on your mind?" i already know what shes going to say. something about madonna or mtv.
"well, you see, i dont get how all these weird and trashy musicians are making it big! i mean, look at all the garbage on that television box! mtv is driving me wild, and my kids are always watching it. madonna is always on, with that one song 'like a virgin'? its a mess!"
bingo.
her voice is overly expressive over a freaking television channel. this will not be the be-done-in-five-sessions type of deal. more money to me, but is it really worth it?
i try my best to actually care and pay attention, but its hard using some actual brain power especially when this whole situation of complaining about kids these days seems to repeat like a broken record. i say the usual:
"how does that make you feel?" fake smiles sure do the trick!
"i feel out of it. i dont know. its just... disappointing? i wish their generation was like ours. life seemed simpler then. we didnt have to think about these tv box contraptions."
"can you elaborate on 'disappointing'?"
god, i need a drink.