camp counselors

summary: (because i feel like this one needs a summary?) marvin and whizzer are camp counselors and secretly dating and get caught. also thank you all so much for reading! im on summer break now so hopefully i can write more. im kind of basing this off of a camp i go to in the summer and every camper ships other counselors together. wow, this one was long. enjoy!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

the bugle rang at 8:30 in the morning and even though everyone is to be in bed by 11:00, whizzer was tired. he snuck out of the cabin against better judgement and waited on the short wooden porch for marvin to appear. they went on a walk and carried flashlights just in case. holding hands, they went out to the open grass field by the concrete patio and gazed at the stars in the sky for a while while cuddling. after falling asleep for a few hours whizzer had knowingly set his alarm an hour before the bugle so him and marvin could look a the sunrise and walk back to their respective cabins. they tried to get to be counselors in the same cabin, but it didnt work out with the camp office.

he slumped out of bed, running a hand through his messy hair. his shirt smelled slightly like his boyfriend. he rubbed his face with his hands to try and wake up. "alright, kiddos, lets go. time to get up! happy thursday everyone!" he turned on the light in the cabin to see all eleven of his ten year old campers still alive and/or getting out of bed. he threw on a retro t-shirt and some knee-length jean shorts.

at the same time, marvin got out of bed remembering fondly what happened last night. "all right you little twits, get up." he turned on the light and groggily assessed the eleven fifteen year old boys to make sure he wasnt missing anyone. they all had thirty minutes to get ready and he was not going to deal with waiting again. all he wanted to do was go out to the flag pole to meet up with the other counselors and see his boyfriend. they were a very secretive couple and he enjoyed it like that. he would rather not be ridiculed by the other boys in his cabin for the rest of the week. marvin slipped on a red hoodie and some khaki knee-length shorts.

both boys were in college and had to work as counselors at a camp for six weeks and were immediately drawn to each other. they started dating by the end of week one and "acted" like they went to the weekly sock hop the camp holds on friday as a couple. no one batted an eye when they were slow dancing together and all the other counselors thought it was all in good fun. they met by working together in the drama clubhouse that was down the road of their camp. they did topics like music appreciation, improvisation, and fun little acting games to entertain the campers. their playful banter never ceased to amuse each and every one of the kids. every night they went out and watched the stars to spend more time together.

at the breakfast table, marvin already had his coffee cup halfway done before they called his table up for todays breakfast: bacon and pancakes. he ate hungrily and made eye contact with whizzer from across the room. whizzer, fighting off a blush, gave a small wave to marvin and marvin returned the act.

"mr. marvin," one of the boys at marvins table asked. the rule was to call every counselor "mr." or "miss." "who are you waving to?"

"oh, no one." he replied, and took a sip of his coffee before speaking again. "how was everyones sleep?" all he got was a half-effort "good" in unison. the older boys continued their quiet breakfast.

at whizzers table, he had the young kids again. every counselor got placed with who the directors thought would be good with each age group. the children were very active in the morning, as whizzer found out on the first day. "how was everyones sleep?" he asks and then takes a sip of his tea. he received an energetic chorus of "good!" from everyone. "well thats good to hear! are you all ready to do some fun activities?" an excited yes rose from the crowd when whizzer got sidetracked after meeting eyes with his boyfriend for the second time this breakfast. he mouthed a small "meet me in the bathroom" and got the attention of a table that contained two counselors so he could go, and marvin did the same.