another college au

hello! sorry its been so long, i was out at camp for a week and lost my creative juice for a little. i got a list of prompts so hopefully i can crank a few out. enjoy!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

it was marvins move-in day for college. he decided that, due to how stubborn he is, he didnt want his parents to help unpack or drive him down. this was his second year in college, hes got this.

he took a breath as he anticipated if his roomate would be in and what he would look like before forgetting that he could just walk in because it would be his room and knocked on the door.

"hello?" a man stood at the door... shirtless. marvin was taken aback.

he took a second to appreciate the mans nicely toned abs, then spoke. "is this... r-room 10?" he reddened, then cleared his throat. "they only told me approximately where my room should be," marvin tried to keep his stuttering to a minimum. "no thanks to the r.a. right?" he laughed. the other man was not amused. "ive been wandering around for a little bit and i finally realized that i need help."

"no, this is room nine."

marvin frowned.

"youre going to want to go around the corner to the left," he deadpanned. "there was a mistake in the construction and the numbers got all screwy," he explained. "they never bothered to change it."

"thank you," he started to walk, then turned. gaining a sudden confidence, he spoke: "well, since you know what room im in, give me a knock."

"maybe i will." he replied cooly, leaning on the doorframe before turning back into his room grinning.

marvin started walking, and collected his thoughts when he found his room. cute boy. no shirt. wow.

the other guy there was named mendel, and marvin could tell they would not be hanging out due to how different they were.

he set his stuff down and started making his bed. as he finished, there was a knock on the door.

"no shirt! featuring a shirt this time!" marvin exclaimed, rising from his bed.

"mr. confused!" he played along, "but my real name is whizzer."

"whizzer, interesting. marvin."

after making small talk for a while, marvin spoke again. "wanna go get some pizza? im hungry and stuffed up in this room."

whizzer checked his watch. "oh, thank you, but no thanks. i should probably go back and meet my roommate."

"alright. dont get lost!" he laughed.

"i know where to find you if i do!" whizzer giggled.

he left, and marvin fell on his bed smiling to himself.