jason introduces his girlfriend

* as requested by real_life_eeyore * wow look at me back at it again! i have camp again for a week so i wont be able to do any writing so apologies for that. also i dont do many full tkf stories but i feel pretty good about this one! enjoy!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"jason, we need to talk." marvin and whizzer stood at the doorway to now 15-year-old jasons bedroom.

jason placed down his video games, and was led out by the two men to the kitchen table. his hand were shaking. what did i do this time? was running through his head as he racked his brain for possible things.

"so," whizzer said tapping eagerly on the table. "when are we gonna meet your new girlfriend!"

"yeah jason! you guys have been going out for, what, 6 months? thats pretty serious."

"darling, i think it was five months." whizzer placed his hand on marvins.

"im pretty sure it was six." he replied, smiling.

"fi-ive!" whizzer singsonged.

"dont. never again. and its six months." jason intercepted before his dads got farther into the discussion. "anyway, i was going to invite her to our family dinner this friday so she can meet the whole family in one go." jason explained.

"great!" marvin said rising from the kitchen table and patting jason on the back before going back to his regular activities. whizzer followed suit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

it was friday. in the time jason bounced from every house, he let his family know the situation and told them to dress nicer this time.

he was riding in the car with trina and mendel to pick up heather. "hey, mom, dad, can you try and keep your cool with heather?"

"sure bud!" mendel replied, turning around and messing jasons hair. trina was the driver because mendel would go on a rant and drive off of the road, multiple times.

they pulled onto heathers driveway, and jason got out and walked up to her doorstep with a bouquet of roses.

"im so proud of him." mendel looked at trina with tears in his eyes.

"oh, dont get so emotional." she swatted at mendels hand knowing what high school sweetheart heartbreak feels like.

jason, wearing khakis and his nicest polo (in typical 15-year-old fashion) walked down the driveway with heather, who was dressed in a flowy purple gown and her chocolate locks in a wave. they entered the car and heather greeted trina and mendel.

during the car ride, jason could see how nervous heather was to meet the rest of the family. when they would go on dates, heather had met trina and mendel before when she picked him up sometimes. jason squeezed her hand and gave her a comforting smile.

they entered the house, and found cordelia, in her black long-pants romper, and charlotte, in her floral print skirt and blue blouse, were working in the kitchen. heather introduced herself with a handshake, but the girls had another idea. they swooped in for a hug. it helped calm heather down, she immediately de-tensed after feeling all the love in the room.

"i like her." cordelia whispered after heather and jason left the kitchen.

"me too!" charlotte replied, giving a hopeful smile.

marvin and whizzer arrived shortly after heather and jason did.

"alright, now where is heather?" whizzer walked in the doorway dressed in a blue blazer with black dress pants and marvin only wearing his slightly classier flannel with a red tie.

"oh god." jasons eyes widened.

"what?" heather replied.

"i shouldve told my dads to not be embarrassing. im really sorry if theyre weird tonight." he looks down at the ground.

"its totally fine babe!" she put her hand on his shoulder. "im already having so much fun!"

"really?" he looks up.

"yes! now lets go meet the famed marvin and whizzer!"

~~~

during the dinner, after having many lovely conversations, jason speaks up. "id like to thank heather for coming over tonight," he stood up, toasting. "and for my family for not acting too crazy tonight. to the tight-knit family!"

everyone echoed the response, holding their drinks up.

~~~

when mendel and trina took heather home after dinner, she thanked them and told them she had fun.

"i like her!" trina said, after she left.

"ah, a change of heart! i like her too." mendel cracked.

~

whizzer and marvin were driving home from dinner. "shes a lovely girl. i like her."

marvin rested a hand on whizzers thigh. "me too."

~

jason i was lying in bed, recalling tonights events, thinking about how beautiful heather looked in that dress. "i love her."