first words tattoos

hello! once again another idea from tumblr (im so original). so basically imagine that the first words your soulmate says to you are tattooed on your body. to make it easier lets say that everyones tattoo is on their left upper arm. enjoy! also credit to escgirl for catching a mistake (now changed) i had made.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

excuse me sir, but do you need help with your future fashion choices? because your past ones have looked dreadful.

marvin read the words on his arm for the millionth time. he had always wondered what type of person would criticize someones fashion choices as the first words ever spoken to them.

he also wondered what type of soulmate he would have. everyone knows the types of soulmates: enemies, friends, lovers. he considered the pros and cons of each type on a list.

enemies:
pros: ???
cons: having an enemy as your soulmate. how can that be good?

friends:
pros: no potential bad breakup. having a friend forever
cons: no romantic interest

lovers:
pros: romantic interest. a partner forever
cons: maybe a breakup?

he crumples the note and throws it in his drawer, then sighs and walks out the door.

marvin never told trina that the tattoo he had didnt match up with hers. that was why he never felt up to being naked in her presence. she believed that he was her soulmate. he didnt. she started to become slightly dramatic with everything, he didnt want to bring it up and deal with it. they lived in ignorant bliss.

he makes his daily commute to work, passing, but not limited to, the coffee shop, that makeup store trina really likes, and then a small department store. there is normally a man who stands outside to convince people or welcome them in. sometimes he says quirky things to convince them, other times he just says the sales.

"excuse me sir, but do you need help with your future fashion choices? because your past ones have looked dreadful." the man condescended.

marvin stops in his tracks. oh my god. hes the one.

"have you looked at me before?" marvin flirted back, and prayed he had said the right words. he saw the man smile a little.

marvin walked on, aiming to make conversation with the man by the store next time he passed the store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

when he left work, marvin made sure to check to see if the man was still there. he was. marvin stopped by the store with purpose.

"so, youve come back?" the man spoke. marvin read his name tag. whizzer. interesting.

"yes. i was on my way to work when you made a comment on my fashion choices. i couldnt stop in the store without being late, so here i am!" he laughed awkwardly. how can i say "you said the key soulmate words that are on my arm, and i might have said yours back to you" without sounding weird?

"well sir, we have many selections. if you need my assistance, my name is whizzer."

"okay, thank you!" marvin smiled and walked to the mens section of the store. he started picking out random things that he vaguely enjoyed.

he kept looking, and then noticed whizzer was grimacing from a distance. "im sorry to interrupt sir, and no offense, but how the hell can you somehow find the ugliest things in this wonderful store?"

marvin stood motionless. "i-i dont know," he was completely baffled with what he heard. "maybe you could help me? i mean since you clearly know what you are doing."

"that sounds perfect!" whizzer smirked.

~~~~

the men walked around the store for a while, and it was time for marvin to try on his shirts.

he went for a few of the outfits after trying them on and liking the fit and, of course, getting whizzers approval too.

then, he tried a short sleeved shirt (whizzer claimed that he needed to show his arms off more). his tattoo was clearly visible, and marvin felt nervous. he stepped out, and the other mans mouth fell to the floor.

"ohmigod," whizzer got up and inspected marvins arms and, more importantly, his tattoo. "mine had what you said back to me on my arm. i thought it was just a coincidence, but... i guess not."

"well then, im glad you had that on your arm," marvin looked into whizzers eyes and smiled. "could i get your number?"

"yes, yes you can." whizzer smiled.

in their hearts they both knew what type of soulmate they would have, and they were both perfectly fine with it.