Chapter 18: Nick's Death and More

"Okay." Marvin exhaled loudly and his anxiety was evident. "Are you ready for this?"

Nick's arms were folded while he was seated on Vin Xander's bed. He didn't have an answer to the question. It's not everyday that you get the chance to die. He kept repeating that sentence in his mind.

Marvin had been working hard to find out what was wrong with Nick and why he was taken by Zombies. Nick had Ghost Whisperer parents and he should have automatically been born as one, but he was born a Teleporter, which is not even exactly supernatural. Marvin discovered that Nick is an Immortal and somehow his mind had shifted to teleportation to cover up that fact since Immortals are rare and their blood has very powerful magical properties, he would be endangered.

(Yeah, I know it's kind of hard to get that his mind can just decide that Nick is a Teleporter but the power of an Immortal is fascinating and not exact since there have only been like 25 of them in history.)

Anyway, Marvin still didn't know why Zombies took Nick but he believed they did bite him in order for his super healing ability as Immortal to kick in. It worked, but now that Nick has been realised as an Immortal, he had stopped aging and using his teleportation would actually kill him unless he dies and wakes up as a true Immortal... without his teleportation powers.

"This is going to be a ride of a lifetime, isn't it?" Nick asked, trying to calm himself.

"Yeah, yeah." Marvin said. "Whatever makes you happy. How do you want to go?"

"By your hand, of course." Nick said. "If I do become a Ghost, there has to be someone for me to haunt."

"I'm sure I can manage." Marvin's smile seemed quite real. "How do you feel about being stabbed?"

"Knowing that I'm going to wake up and be like Will Smith is kinda cool."

Nick had his head up and his eyes closed when he was imagining his future of how people will be asking him why he's been looking like a 17 year old for 50 years. He'd seen The Age of Adaline and he was sure he'd be able to survive that.

But none of that mattered at the time because Marvin had already stabbed him with a knife and the only question on Nick's mind was, "Where did that knife even come from?"

Elsewhere

I felt amazing. I didn't know I had forgotten how it was being a Timelord. It was incredible how you could feel the events of other timelines. It was like, I was a god.

"Hey, in this timeline, all the months have 30 days."

"Really?" Legacy asked.

"Of course not." I said. "How long have you been in that door?"

He gave me a very insulting sign.

I started floating in front of him. Then, I aimed my hand at him. He started to get taller, like about a foot more and his hair grew longer to the middle of his back and turned completely white.

I gasped. "This is how you're gonna look like in 500 years? I wish I was you."

"You are." He sounded like an old man. "I think you should take it back now."

"I don't think so." I touched down. "I wanted to make you old so that it would be easier to take you down... but who am I to make wishes that come true."

"Oh, in that case..." Legacy started. "Stragolia."

I was thrown back but I made a backflip and maintained balance in midair.

"Hey, I can fly!" I informed him.

"Hey, so can I!" He said back and he actually flew to me to prove that.