Dreams

***

In order for this book to make any sense at all, you will need to read the first one. It is called Memories. https://www.wattpad.com/376370161-memories-who-are-the-guardians

***

Jack stood on the icy surface of a frozen pond. He looked around and realized that he had seen this place before. The memory just wasn't clicking yet. Jack's pondering was cut short when he heard a familiar giggle. His head snapped upwards toward the noise. Jack saw a small girl who looked to be the age of 7 running toward the pond. Then Jack saw another figure rising above the hillside.

"Mary, slow down!" He chuckled.

Jack saw the person come into full view. It was inevitably him, with the exception of hair ans eye color. Jack looked curiously at himself as he realized that this must be another memory.

"Jack, hurry up!" Mary squealed as she pulled he skates on.

"I'll just watch you first." He stated.

Jack watched the little girl skate onto the icy pond and almost at once noticed that the ice was much too thin. He watched in horror as spiderweb cracks spread quickly on the ice surrounding the girl's feet. She screamed, and the other Jack jumped into action. He leaped up, and practically flew across the ice to his sister. Jack watched himself try to console the young girl, and keep her eyes off the ice. 

"Jack, I'm scared." She yelped.

"I know, I know, but we're gonna have a little fun." He replied.

Jack, and Mary both looked at him like he was insane.

"No, we're not!" She groaned.

"C'mon would I ever trick you?" He asked.

"Yes, you play tricks all the time!" Mary moaned nervously looking down at the ice.

"Okay, we're gonna play a little hopscotch." He stated, "You just need to go one, two three." He lunged at the curved stick nearby.

"Okay." She said nervously.

She took three steps toward Jack and the cracks spread dangerously close to her brown leather skates. Jack watched himself grab the girl with the curved end of his stick and throw her across the lake, while simultaneously switching places with her. Jack landed on the spot where all the cracks had spread from and the rapid change in body weight caused the ice to break from underneath him. 

Jack watched his own body sink beneath the ice depths of the lake. Mary ran away yelling to Jack that she was going to get their father. Jack remembered the feeling of drowning. The hopelessness, the pain and most of all the loneliness. Jack watched himself struggle against the freezing water. He saw his fingers rise above the surface only to sink down farther. When his fingers rose up again, it would be the last time this boy was ever seen again. At this moment Jack Frost was born.

Jack awoke in the confinements of his room in the North Pole, staring up at all of the guardians concerned faces.