Home

Btw, If I confused any of you with the last chapter, I am very sorry but any questions you had will most likely be answered in this chapter. If you still have any questions feel free to message me, and I will answer as soon as possible.

Jack's head snapped in the direction of the voice. He watched with apprehension as a figure appeared over the hilltop. It was a woman at least 35 years of age, with dark brown hair and chocolate eyes. He dress was soiled from the long hike to the pond, but the simple floral pattern was still visible though all the dirt. Jack stood and waited for the woman to approach him, when she did a small gasp escaped her mouth.

"Jack! I thought I told you not to dye it!" She shrieked while tugging at tufts of his hair.

Jack's temporary amnesia disappeared at the touch of his mother's hand.

"Mother, it looks cool!" Jack groaned.

"What are you doing over here anyway, you know what happened 3 months ago." 

"I was just messin' around."

"That's what you were doing last time, and look what happened."

"Mom!"

"No! You were lucky that your sister was fast enough to get to us in time!"

"I know, I know."

"Jack honey, I just don't want anything to happen to you." His mother said whilst grabbing his wrists.

"Mother, nothing is going to happen to me, I promise." Jack reassured her.

"You're freezing! Come on, let's get you inside, and get rid of that stick while you're at it."

"I like the stick."

"It's a stick, Jack. I'm sure there are plenty more like it out here."

"I'm not so sure."

"Whatever, keep the stick just come on already." She stated slightly annoyed

Jack jogged up beside her, his step slowly falling in line with hers. As he looked over at his mother's face, he noticed that she had a slightly frantic look deep within her eyes. Jack really had scared her.

"Hey, do you know a man by the name of Pitch? He hides under beds and scares little children?" Jack asked.

"Jack, that's the Boogeyman. I don't know anyone by the name of Pitch though. Where did you get that from?" She chuckled.

"Just a dream I guess."

"Have you been sleeping up in those trees again?"

"Maybe."

"I thought I told you that you were messing up your sleep by doing that."

"You did, but...."

"I know, you didn't listen."

"Well, I can't help it that they're comfy."

His mother then gave a loud boisterous laugh that filled the forest to the brim. The sound warmed his insides, and made him feel safe. Like he'd never have to see Pitch again.

As the pair neared their cottage, they passed a large burly man with a red winter coat on. Jack thought he looked vaguely familiar, but he couldn't figure out how. Had he seen him around the town somewhere? Was he their unfriendly neighbor? As Jack continued to ponder who this man was, he decided to just find out for sure.

"Hey, mother. I'll meet you there." Jack called as he raced off toward the man.

When Jack reached the mystery man, he stepped in front of him in order to slow his walk.

"Hey, do I know you?" Jack asked the man.

"No, I believe you don't." Replied a voice with a thick Russian accent.

Jack did not really believe that the man had no idea who he was, and his suspicions were confirmed as a flash of confusion scurried across the man's eyes.

"The name's North. Nice to meet you."

"Jack Frost, likewise."