Adapting

Jack had finally perked back up from his drowsy state, and was now thrashing about inside the back of the van. Jack struggled to get the straight-jacket off, but it just wouldn't budge. Frustration was boiling just below the surface of Jack's skin, and he needed a release. After looking around the inside of the parked van for any escape, Jack let out an extremely frustrated scream that could be heard from miles away. 

When Jack was finally satisfied with all his yelling he ran his fingers roughly through his hair.

Wait ..... fingers ... in his hair?  Wasn't he in a straight-jacket?

Jack's breathing sped up as he slowly tilted his gaze toward the straight-jacket, that now lay tattered on the van's floor. He carefully picked up the cloth and felt the edges. They were iced over. Jack frantically searched the van for some kind of answer as to why the straight-jacket that was once wrapped tightly around his body was now lying on the floor in tatters.

When he found none he looked down at his hands, questioning whether he had done the impossible or not. 

Not a moment later Greenview workers thrust open the doors to the van, to see a terrified Jack sitting in the middle of frozen cloth shards. 

"Help me." Jack squeaked out as his gaze passed over each worker in turn. 

The baffled workers sprang into action at his words, jumping into the van and cuffing Jack's wrists behind his back. 

(I know this isn't accurate, but just go with it)

They led Jack into a tall concrete building with very few windows through a tall oak door with intricate engravings scattered across the surface. 

Once they had gotten inside, the guards marched Jack farther into the strange building to an area labeled as "Intensive Care Unit" or ICU. They unlocked the deadbolt on the heavy metal doors, and marched him inside the ICU. The guards unlocked his cuffs and shoved him into a room full of other inmates. 

Jack scanned the tables before settling at one with one big, burly man seated at it. Jack looked toward the man only to jump back in surprise at the face that was staring back at him. 

I know it's short, but I had to leave you with a cliffhanger now didn't i?