Apology

The guardians all looked to Bane after the snow globe melted away in his hands. Their faces wore similar expressions of sorrow and guilt. 

"We're sorry mate, didn't know you went through all 'at." Bunny apologized.

"Ah, so the kangaroo apologizes first?" Bane joked.

"It seems he does..." Said a mysterious voice from the shadows that they all recognized immediately.

"Pitch show yourself!" Bunny shouted, as the others shifted into battle stances. 

"Ah-ah-ah... Not so fast, Bunnymund. We'll be taking our time for this encounter." Pitch stated dangerously.

Bane searched for his staff desperately, until he remembered that the guardians would have hidden it well.

"I say, I'd like to have a little fun with my prized pupil." Pitch laughed menacingly while approaching Bane.

"Don't you dare touch him!" Tooth declared.

"Bane, is it? What a ... boring name." Pitch laughed, "I thought you were dead. I guess I ought to retrieve you from that wretched body before we train though."

As the words left Pitch's mouth Bane/Jack began to feel pure agony spark throughout his chest. He felt as though he was splitting in two. The guardians stood frozen, comprehending what they were witnessing. Jack looked as though there was something trying to escape from his flesh. Something within his skin crawled around before joining the others. Jack looked like a hydra, budding to form its identical offspring. 

After coming to their realization, the guardians jumped into action. Tooth rushed to Jack's side, asking if he was alright. When suddenly, Jack spit in two identical forms of himself : one with bright blue eyes, and one with dark yellow. 

"Ah, there you are Bane. Come here now my precious, Daddy has you now." Pitch said menacingly from the shadows.

Bane snapped his head in Jack's direction before his gaze returned to Pitch, "No, I won't be coming with you." Pitch looked shocked at Bane's decision before seemingly coming back to his senses.  

"Ah, I see. You want to be the good guy now, don't you?" Pitch began,disgust dripping from every word, "Well, let me tell you something. Good guys man always win the fight between good and evil, but do they ever win the fight with themselves? Even though you see them as perfect now, Bane, they all have their flaws. Let's take pretty little Toothiana here for example."

Tooth scowled at the nightmare king's haughty expression, clutching her fists tightly at her sides. 

"Toothiana, was merely a dancer before becoming the Tooth Fairy. A dancer who seemed to have gotten herself into a pretty sickly situation. Let's just say, her boyfriend captured her and sold her into the life of a slave. Kept in a wretched old house with a lack of food and water. About 42 other girls staying there with her, all as hopeless and lost as herself." Pitch paused for effect, "And as Toothiana sat stewing in her rage, something was born inside her ... Light was born, Bane ... Light! It should have been darkness! Toothiana, poor little innocent Toothiana ... Instead of killing each and every one of those scum-like men, she spared them. She took a single tooth from each of their mouths, to keep the memories alive. Pathetic right? Well, my point is that Toothiana couldn't handle the abuse she endured during her time there, and I believe she still shoots up sometimes." Pitch finished with a devilish smirk.

The guardians and Bane turned their astonished eyes in Tooth's direction. "Tooth is this true?" Bunny asked worriedly. 

Tooth merely glared in the 6 foot rabbit's direction with a scowl placed upon her petite face. 

Bane looked between the guardians and Tooth with a worried expression. " Yeah, Pitch, I guess I do want to be the good guy for once."

Sorry it took me so long to publish! School, am I right? Anyway, I think there'll be one more chapter, and then we're finished!