Darkness

*** Beginning of Flashback ***

"Get up, you pathetic piece of scum!"  Pitch screamed at Jack in the depths of his lair.

"I told you to .. GET..UP!" He screamed at the top of his lungs.

When Jack continued to lye upon the floor in agonizing pain, Pitch brought his foot down atop Jack's frail hand. The snap of multiple bones snapping inside of Jack's hand reverberated throughout the dark room. Jack cried out as her turned to clutch his hand. Jack slowly got to his feet and hobbled over to the spot where Pitch was. When he reached Pitch's vicinity, Jack gave him a withering glare.

"Jack, don't look at me like that now. None of this would have happened if you had just shut your mouth and listened!" Pitch finished with an angry tone.

"Now," Pitch said much calmer, "I want you to kill him." 

Jack set his eyes upon the intended target. It was a boy, not much younger than him. He had jet black hair that fell jagged upon his lashes. His skin was unbelievably pale, which suggested that he had been here for a while. He tried not to look into his eyes, but eventually lost the battle and stared deep into his soul. The boy's eyes were a teal blue and gave off a feeling of hopelessness. As he continued to stare at the boy, he noticed that he was actually afraid of him, someone was afraid of Jack. The realization made Jack's skin crawl, he didn't want people to fear him, he only wished they would understand him. Jack lost track of time as he continued to stare at the boy in a sort of mesmerized stupor. 

"KILL 'EM!" Pitch screamed as he knocked Jack in the back of the head with his cold hand.

Jack jumped at the contact, the only thing that came from contact with Pitch was pain. 

"Jack, this is a bad man, you have to kill him before he escapes." Pitch whispered dangerously.

He flicked his hand upward and the binds holding the boy back immediately released. The boy scrambled out of the chair towards the grimy window beside him. Jack didn't have the heart to kill this boy, he knew Pitch was lying, there was no way in Hell that this boy was a bad man. In turn, Jack allowed the boy to escape the lair while silently wishing him luck.

"Oh, Jack you don't understand the importance of that kill." Pitch sighed.

Jack felt Pitch's subconscious seep into his own, browsing his thoughts, his feelings, his memories. Pitch had an all access pass to the thoughts of Jack Frost. He was able to add memories, add skills and most importantly wipe a victim's memory clean. 

The feeling of Pitch inside his mind was not appealing to Jack, and honestly hurt a lot more than expected. In a result of the pain, Jack collapsed upon the floor while Pitch tortured him without even laying a finger on him. Eventually Jack's twitching had subsided, and he was utterly exhausted from all the thrashing around. He blinked one last time, and everything faded into darkness.

*** End of Flashback ***

Jack awoke, and blinked the fuzziness from his vision away. Was he sleeping on a tree? He rolled off the branch, and hit the snow with a thud. He stayed staring at a large pond that spanned a considerable length around the grove. Jack felt as if he should remember this place, but he was unable to recall where he had seen it from. He shrugged it off and reached over to grab his staff. He then proceeded to glide along the surface of the pond making frost everywhere he aimed to staff. Hours passed while Jack skated on that pond, and eventually others could be heard near the area as well.

"Jack honey, it's time to come in now." A warm feminine voice called from over the hill.